ETC (TV channel)
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2012)|
Current logo used since 2014
|Launched||August 23, 2004|
|Owned by||Solar Entertainment Corporation|
|Picture format||480i (SDTV) NTSC|
|Headquarters||Mandaluyong City, Philippines|
|Sister channel(s)||2nd Avenue|
|SBN Owned and Operated stations||Channel 21 (Metro Manila)
Channel 21 (Laoag & Legazpi)
Channel 5 (Bacolod)
Channel 6 (Cebu)
Channel 27 (Zamboanga)
Channel 4 (Cagayan De Oro)
Channel 7 (Davao)
|SBN Affiliate/relay stations||Channel 34 (Baguio)
Channel 37 (Tuguegarao)
Channel 22 (Dagupan)
Channel 34 (Batangas)
Channel 43 (Puerto Princesa)
Channel 46 (Naga)
Channel 9 (Sorsogon)
Channel 21 (Boracay)
Channel 45 (Roxas)
Channel 32 (Iloilo)
Channel 33 (Ozamis)
Channel 13 (Iligan)
Channel 28 (General Santos)
Channel 37 (Butuan)
|Digital||Channel 22 (Digital test broadcast)|
|Channel 28 (Analog)
Channel 16 (Digital)
|SkyCable (Baguio, Naga, Iloilo, Bacolod, Cebu, Davao, Cagayan De Oro, General Santos)||Channel 17|
|Blink (Available only in the Philippines)||Official website|
ETC (stylized as etc., formerly Entertainment Central) is a general entertainment and lifestyle channel in the Philippines. It is owned by the Solar Entertainment Corporation with Southern Broadcasting Network as its free TV affiliate. It is broadcast via SBN's flagship station DWCP-TV UHF channel 21. The channel can also be seen in all SBN provincial TV stations and cable operators nationwide and for Internet users via Blink.
It operates 19 hours from 6:00 AM to 1:00 AM on free TV, while it operates for 24 hours on various cable, satellite and Internet service providers.
Its master control facilities and studios are located at the Upper Ground Floor of the Worldwide Corporate Center, Epifanio de los Santos corner Shaw Boulevard, Mandaluyong City, while the SBN transmitter facility is located at along Strata 2000 Building, F. Ortigas Jr. Road, Ortigas Center, Pasig City.
On August 23, 2004, ETC was launched on various cable and satellite providers as "Entertainment Central".
On January 1, 2008, ETC ceased to air over SkyCable as a separate channel. After case stemmed from a complaint filed by members of the Iglesia ni Cristo, including its minister Michael Sandoval, due to statements of Eliseo Soriano aired on August 10 referring to the minister, is no longer of SBN. Ang Dating Daan move to UNTV and Ang Tamang Daan move to Net 25 in 2004. As part of the Solar network’s block-time agreements with various terrestrial channels, ETC started airing over SBN 21, a terrestrial UHF TV station in Metro Manila and selected cities in the Philippines.
However, ETC returned to SBN on November 30, 2013, as Solar News Channel moved to RPN the following day to allow SNC's wider coverage. (SNC and RPN, however, were sold to ALC Group of Companies chair, Ambassador Antonio Cabangon Chua, in August the following year.) 
Mainly targeting the young adult demographics, ETC's programming currently consists of sitcoms, drama series, reality and entertainment news programs from the U.S. The network also produces and/or airs local programming, including lifestyle infotainment programs Etcetera and Stylized, and reality programs Project Runway Philippines and Mega Fashion Crew, the latter of which is produced by the One Mega Group and TV 100 Production.
Relay and Affiliate stations
According to Kantar Media/TNS, ETC is the top-ranked local Young adult-oriented television network in the Philippines with ratings combined (January 1 – May 31, 2012) with a 10.33% audience share.
- ETC on RPN-9 starting March 2 retrieved via www.philstar.com 02-25-2011
- Tiengs move into news Manila Standard Today. 02-25-2011. Retrieved 02-25-2011.
- Coloma: Privatization of RPN 9, IBC 13 in the works retrieved March 1, 2011 GMA News Online
- ETC Moves To RPN-9 on March 2 retrieved via www.clickthecity.com 02-28-2011
- RPN 9 to lay off 200 workers retrieved October 1, 2012 InterAksyon.com
- RPN-9 to cut 200 jobs, may stop airing 'Newswatch' retrieved October 2, 2012 Rappler
- Solar News Channel - Expect wider reach and a richer viewing experience retrieved November 5, 2013
- ETC MOVES TO SBN-21 STARTING NOVEMBER 30 retrieved 11-26-2014
- ETC moves to channel 21
- Liz, Laureen Uy have own TV show retrieved September 1, 2014 via ABS-CBNNews.com
- AUDITION FOR MEGA FASHION CREW RELOADED THIS JUNE 29 – 30! retrieved via megastyle.ph 11-26-2014
- "ETC is the #1 Female Channel in the Philippines!". etc. Retrieved July 17, 2012.