Number of locations
The company worked with the World Gold Council on the development of the first gold ETF in 2003 and collaborated on the listing of Gold Bullion Securities on the London Stock Exchange in March 2004.
In 2005, the company created Europe’s first petroleum ETF and in 2006 established the world’s first commodities ETF platform, making 19 commodities and 10 commodity indices available on the London Stock Exchange and other European exchanges.
In May 2014, the company partnered with E Fund Management (Hong Kong) Co., Limited to launch Europe's first ETF to track the MSCI China A Index, which gives foreign investors exposure to hard-to-invest-in A-shares.
In January 2015, the company launched two smart beta ETFs on the NYSE in partnership with ERI Scientific Beta, which attempt to use ERI Scientific Beta's stock selection process to produce higher risk-adjusted returns.
In September 2008, the company launched ETF Exchange, a trading platform in Europe.
The company launched an exchange-traded currencies software platform in November 2009.
- SCHLEGEL, JEFF (14 February 2017). "Precious Metals ETPs Shining In '17". Financial Advisor.
- "ETF Securities sole provider of precious metal ETFs for Schwab ETF OneSource". ETF Express. 11 February 2013.
- Smith, Simon (6 August 2012). "European Investors pile into physically-backed gold ETFs". ETF Strategy.
- Dickson, Claire (21 April 2011). "ETF Securities capitalises on commodities". Risk.net.
- "ETF Securities to list Europe's first carbon exchange –traded commodity product". Wealth Adviser. 30 October 2008.
- Smith, Simon (19 December 2012). "Product Innovation and commodities demand drive growth at ETF Securities". ETF Strategy.
- Coleman, Murray (7 February 2013). "Schwab Ups Stakes in Commission-Free ETF Wars". The Wall Street Journal.
- Hampson, Rebecca (19 March 2013). "ETF Securities Offers Currency Hedge On Gold Products". ETF.com.
- "ETF Securities launches sterling and euro-hedged physical gold ETC". International Investment. 20 March 2013.
- "ETFS currency hedged gold products". Portfolio Adviser. 20 March 2013.
- Smith, Simon (26 August 2013). "ETF Securities partners with The Royal Mint". ETF Strategy.
- "Invest in domestic chinese stocks with ETFS-E Fund MSCI China A GO UCITS". Next Finance. January 2015.
- Wasylyszyn, Daniela Pylypczak- (29 January 2015). "ETF Securities Launches Two "Diversified-Factor" ETFs (SBUS, SBEU)". ETFdb.com.
- "Lombard Odier Investment Managers and ETF Securities join forces to offer fundamental fixed income exchange traded funds". Next Finance. April 2015.
- "ANZ and ETF Securities launch joint venture with six ASX listed exchange traded funds". Australia and New Zealand Banking Group. 26 May 2015.
- "Response to the European Commission's Consultation Document – "Undertakings for Collective Investment in Transferable Securities (UCITS): Product Rules, Liquidity Management, Depositary, Money Market Funds and Long Term Investments"" (PDF). European Commission. 18 October 2012.
- "WisdomTree Completes Acquisition of ETF Securities' European Exchange-Traded Commodity, Currency and Short-and-Leveraged Business" (Press release). WisdomTree Investments. 12 April 2018.
- SCHLEGEL, JEFF (27 April 2018). "Aberdeen Acquires ETF Securities' U.S. Business". Financial Advisor.