Number of locations
|Jersey, London, United Kingdom, New York City, Sydney, Melbourne|
|Products||Exchange-traded funds, Commodities, FX, Equities, Fixed income|
Number of employees
ETF Securities is an asset management firm focused on exchange-traded funds (ETFs), exchange-traded commodities (Commodity ETCs) and exchange-traded currencies (Currency ETCs) with offices in Jersey, London, New York, Sydney and Melbourne. The Company currently offers exchange-traded products listed or quoted on exchanges in Europe: London Stock Exchange, Deutsche Börse, Euronext, Swiss Exchange, Borsa Italiana and Euronext, in the Americas: NYSE and Bolsa Mexicana and Asia Pacific: ASX.
The company was founded by Jersey-based Australian businessman and philanthropist Graham Tuckwell. In 2003, ETF Securities listed the world’s first physically-backed gold exchange-traded commodity (ETC), on the Australian Stock Exchange (ASX) in 2003.
In 2005, ETF Securities created Europe’s first oil ETC and in 2006 established the world’s first commodities ETC platform, making 19 commodities and 10 commodity indices available on the London Stock Exchange and other European exchanges. In 2008, the Company listed the first carbon ETC on the London Stock Exchange.
More recently in 2013, ETF Securities listed currency-hedged physical gold investment products on the London Stock Exchange and the Deutsche Boerse. and began offering the world's first Gold ETP to allow physical redemption by retail and institutional investors.
Charles Schwab OneSource
On 8 February 2013 ETF Securities were selected by Charles Schwab as the sole provider of precious metal exchange traded funds (ETFs) for the new offering, Schwab ETF OneSource™, which was launched in New York. As part of the Schwab ETF OneSource platform, investors and advisors are able to buy and sell 105 ETFs commission free.
World Gold Council
ETF Securities worked with the World Gold Council on the development of the world’s first ETC in 2003. The partnership also collaborated on the subsequent listing of Gold Bullion Securities on the London Stock Exchange in March 2004. The World Gold Council conducts gold investment research, markets gold as an asset class to worldwide investors and partners with financial services institutions to develop new gold investment channels and launch gold investment products.
In May 2014 ETF Securities partnered with E Fund management (Hong Kong) Co., Limited to launch Europe's first ETF to track the MSCI China A Index. This ETF provides European investors with a vehicle to gain exposure to A-shares, which historically have only been available for purchase by local investors based in China and more recently to foreign investors through the Qualified Foreign Institutional Investor (QFII) system.
ERI Scientific Beta
On the 28th of January, ETF Securities launched two smart beta exchange traded funds on the NYSE in partnership with ERI Scientific Beta. These products aim to outperform market-cap weighted indices by using ERI Scientific Beta's stock selection process to emphasise investment factors typically associated with higher risk-adjusted returns.
Lombard Odier Investment Managers
In March 2015, ETF Securities announced ETFS LOIM, a partnership with Lombard Odier Investment Managers. The partnership offers a suite of fixed income investment ETFs to European investors listed on the London Stock Exchange. 
ANZ ETFS Management (AUS) Limited
On 26 May 2015, ETF Securities announced the formation of ANZ ETFS, a joint venture with ANZ ETFS Management (AUS) Limited (ANZ ETFS) that offers a new range of ETFs to Australian investors and self-managed super funds.
The firm offers 146 exchange-traded commodities mostly in energy, precious metals, industrial metals, and agriculture.
In September 2008, the Company launched ETF Exchange, a trading platform. The platform is now available on five European exchanges including the London Stock Exchange, Deutsche Borse, Borsa Italiana, NYSE Euronext, and the ISE.
The company launched an exchange-traded currencies software platform in November 2009.
- James Thomson, Graham Tuckwell: a shining example , BRW, 1 August 2013
- Michael Bailey, Graham Tuckwell: why I didn’t sell a $1.5b business, BRW, 1 August 2013
- Smith, Simon (6 August 2012) ETF Strategy – ‘European Investors pile into physically-backed gold ETFs
- Dickson, Claire (21 April 2011) Risk.net - ‘ETF Securities capitalises on commodities’ http://www.risk.net/structured-products/profile/2039695/etf-securities-capitalises-commodities
- Wealth Adviser (30 October 2008) ‘ETF Securities to list Europe’s first carbon exchange –traded commodity product’
- Wilson, Claire (20 March 2013) Portfolio Adviser ‘Currency-hedged gold products launched by ETF Securities.’
- Smith, Simon (26 August 2013) ETF Strategy – ‘ETF Securities partners with The Royal Mint'
- Coleman, Murray (7 February 2013) Wall Street Journal - ‘Schwab Ups Stakes in Commission-Free ETF Wars’http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887323452204578290143940962044.html
- ETF Express(11 February 2013)‘ETF Securities sole provider of precious metal ETFs for Schwab ETF OneSource’ http://www.etfexpress.com/2013/02/11/180158/etf-securities-sole-provider-precious-metal-etfs-schwab-etf-onesource
- Financial Times(27 May 2014)‘China’s E Fund teams with ETFS for mainland ETF’http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/c52d814c-e59c-11e3-8b90-00144feabdc0.html#axzz33miAvQFM
- Smith, Simon (19 December 2012) ETF Strategy – ‘Product Innovation and commodities demand drive growth at ETF Securities’