TelecomBCN is one of the largest telecommunications engineering schools in Spain.
The school's objective is to train engineers in the fields of information and communication technologies. The school offers two study programs that culminate in two different official degrees: one in telecommunications engineering called Degree in Technologies and Services of Telecommunications Engineering, with four mentions (Audiovisual Systems Engineering, Electronic Systems Engineering, Telecommunications Systems Engineering and Telematics Engineering) and the other in Physics Engineering.
Currently, there are 5 Masters taught in English: Master in Telecommunications Engineering (MET), Master in Electronic Engineering (MEE), Interuniversity Master for Computer Vision, Master in Photonics and, the last one, Erasmus Mundus Master and PhD in Photonics Engineering, Nanophotonics and Biophotonics (Europhotonics).
The school's location is at the North Campus of Barcelona 20 minutes away of the center of the city. You can get there easily with public transport. The easiest way to arrive is using the green line of the underground and getting off at Palau Reial or Zona Universitaria stations. Near the school there black line communicates the school directly with the airport.
- Total number of students: 2005 (2013/2014)
- New students: 400
- Graduate students: 300 (2013/2014)
- Students with international experience : 99 (2013/2014)
- Exchange students : 109 (2013/2014)
- # Faculty: 301 (more than 75% are doctors)
- # Academic labs: 111
- Degree in Technologies and Services of Telecommunications Engineering
- Audiovisual Systems
- Electronic Systems
- Telecommunications Systems
- Telematics Systems
- Degree in Physics Engineering
- mostly taught in English
- possibility of doing double degree
- Master in Telecommunications Engineering (MET)
- Master in Electronic Engineering (MEE)
- Interuniversity Master for Computer Vision
- Master in Photonics
- Erasmus Mundus Master and PhD in Photonics Engineering, Nanophotonics and Biophotonics (Europhotonics)
International exchange programs
The school participates in exchange programs with different universities all over Europe, within the Socrates/Erasmus program and the TIME network (Top Industrial Managers for Europe), including higher education institutions in Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Holland, Italy, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovenia, Sweden and more. It is also involved in student exchange programs with several universities in Switzerland, in the USA, in China, in Japan and in South-American countries, including Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Mexico, Panama, Peru and Venezuela. In the academic year 2013/2014 it had a total of 96 partner universities.
- Signal Theory and Communications: https://web.archive.org/web/20060820071608/http://www.tsc.upc.es/
- Networks Department: http://www-entel.upc.es/
- Electronics Department: http://petrus.upc.es/
- Applied Mathematics IV: http://www.ma4.upc.edu/?set_language=en
- Applied Physics: http://fa.upc.edu/?set_language=en
- Computer Architecture: http://www.ac.upc.edu/en
- Management: http://www.doe.upc.edu/
- Chemical Engineering: http://deq.upc.edu/en
- Design Engineering: https://web.archive.org/web/20160304051135/http://dpe.upc.edu/?set_language=en
Telecogresca is TelecomBCN's annual festival and is renowned as the largest university festival in Spain.
- Degrees: http://www.etsetb.upc.edu/en/Info_about/study_program/[permanent dead link]
- Masters: https://www.etsetb.upc.edu/en/Info_about/study_program/masters/[permanent dead link]
- Partner Universities: https://www.etsetb.upc.edu/en/Info_about/intern_stud/Partner_universities.html[permanent dead link]
- Double Degree Partners: https://www.etsetb.upc.edu/documents/z2eteesi.html