|Founded||London, UK (2002 )|
|John Wilson (Executive Chairman)|
Arman Tahmassebi (CEO)
Nicholas Iggulden (CFO)
Philip Adler (COO)
|Services||Online trading, CFDs and Spread Betting|
Number of employees
ETX Capital is one of the UK’s leading providers of online trading services, offering spread betting and CFD trading services to retail, institutional and high net worth customers. ETX Capital is the trading name of Monecor (London) Limited and the company is authorised and regulated in the UK by the Financial Conduct Authority.
The company was originally incorporated in 1965 as Monecor Ltd, and became a member of the London Stock Exchange. In 2002 Monecor (London) Limited launched a retail derivatives arm called TradIndex. In 2007, the group was acquired by a joint venture between the UK-based JRJ Group and the Netherlands-based BXR Group, whereupon TradIndex was relaunched with a new name – ETX Capital. ETX is an acronym for the services the company offers; Electronic Trading, Telephone Trading and Execution Services.
In 2010, ETX Capital launched a German language version of the website and trading platforms. The firm extended its operations to France, South Africa and Portugal in 2011. That same year, it won Best Futures & Options Broker at the 2011 Shares Awards.
In 2012, ETX launched a MetaTrader 4 trading platform (ETX MT4) and expanded into Greece, Spain and Italy. That same year, ETX won Best Futures & Options Broker for the second time at the 2012 Shares Awards.
Two new platforms were launched in March 2014, ETX Trader and a binary option service ETX Binary. Russian, Arabic, Turkish, Polish, Czech, Slovenian and Hungarian versions of the website became available that same year. ETX acquired Dublin-based Shelbourne markets, making the new ETX Ireland the largest Spread Betting/CFD provider in the country. ETX purchased its technology partner, Ariel, in 2014.
In 2017, ETX launched a new version of its proprietary TraderPro platform and launched Bitcoin markets on the new platform. That same year, it won Best Forex Educators at the 2017 UK Forex Awards and Best Trading Education at the 2017 Shares Awards.
In 2018, ETX launched a number of new Cryptocurrencies and won 2 awards for the new TraderPro platform: Best Trading Platform at the 2018 Online Personal Wealth Awards and Best Spread Betting Platform at the 2018 ADVFN Financial Awards, as well as Best Education at the 2018 Online Personal Wealth Awards.
- Terms And Conditions
- "Interview with Mr Chris Cheverall, Head of Spread Betting at ETX Capital". Contracts for Difference and CFDs Trading. Retrieved May 1, 2018.
- "ETX Capital Review". spread-betting.com. Retrieved June 22, 2013.
- "Germany Welcomes ETX Capital". PR Newswire. January 10, 2011. Retrieved May 1, 2018.
- "ETX Capital Ventures Further Into Europe – Opens Three New Offices". www.forexmagnates.com. Retrieved 12 October 2015.
- "ETX Capital Launches Affiliate Programme with Income Access". Incomeaccess.com. Retrieved 12 October 2015.
- "Shelbourne Markets Purchased by ETX Capital". Irish Times. June 27, 2017. Retrieved May 1, 2018.
- "Breaking: ETX Capital Focuses on Technology by Acquiring Ariel Communications". Finance Magnates. Retrieved 12 October 2015.
- Agnew, Harriet (26 March 2015). "ETX Capital snaps up Alpari client list". www.ft.com. Financial Times. Retrieved 26 March 2015.
- "Interview with Joe Runde of ETX Capital on the acquisition of Alpari". Broker-test. Retrieved May 1, 2018.
- "UK Forex Awards 2017 Winners". UK Forex Awards. Retrieved May 1, 2018.