EUCAP Sahel Niger
- Support Niger's "Strategy for Security and Development";
- Encourage regional and international coordination in the Sahel against terrorism and organised crime;
- Reinforce the rule of law, and train local officials and police (Police nationale, Gendarmerie, and Garde nationale).
Colonel Francisco Espinosa Navas was appointed to lead it for the first year.
EUCAP Sahel Niger is deploying a civilian advisory and training team to Niger; it will also have some military contact with Niger's armed forces.
- "Political and Security Committee Decision EUCAP SAHEL Niger/1/2012 of 17 July 2012 on the appointment of the Head of Mission of the European Union CSDP Mission in Niger (EUCAP SAHEL Niger)". Euroalert.net. Retrieved 12 February 2013.
- "HISTORIQUE DE L'OPÉRATION EUCAP SAHEL NIGER" (in French). 17 October 2012. Retrieved 12 February 2013.
- "POLITICAL AND SECURITY COMMITTEE DECISION EUCAP SAHEL NIGER/1/2012". Official Journal of the European Union. 27 July 2012. Retrieved 12 February 2013.
- "EUCAP Sahel Niger". EEAS. Retrieved 12 February 2013.
- "Africa in Focus: Three New Civilian CSDP-Missions" (PDF). ZIF. 9 August 2012. Retrieved 12 February 2013.