This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (January 2016)
|Headquarters||22-24, Rue du Luxembourg, 1000 Brussels, Belgium|
|(in 2015) 18 national member associations from 13 European countries|
The European Gaming and Amusement Federation (EUROMAT) was established in 1979. Its secretariat is located in Brussels, the capital city of Belgium and the de facto capital of the European Union (EU). Although EUROMAT mainly follows European political developments, it also endeavours to monitor international developments as they happen.
The federation currently (2015) represents 18 national member associations from 13 European countries (including two observers). EUROMAT is supported by a secretariat based in Brussels, as well as an Executive Committee.
In July 2015, Eduardo Antoja, of the Asociación Española de Empresarios de Máquinas Recreativas (FACOMARE), was elected president of EUROMAT, replacing Annette Kok, of the Vereniging Automatenhandel Nederland (VAN).
EUROMAT instigates dialogue with the European Union and other pan-European bodies, with whom it hopes to use its position and membership to stimulate debate and awareness. The federation also monitors and attempts to influence the European regulations on legal, commercial and technical aspects of the business to guarantee the best possible future for the gaming sector, by giving one voice to its members on all matters affecting the industry.
As well as defending the interests of the gaming industry by providing continued and accurate information on the gaming sector to citizens, European media and national administrations, EUROMAT supports all its member associations in their efforts to adopt, promote and enforce the appropriate code of conduct for themselves and their associates.
Much of the Federation's work consists of monitoring EU developments and keeping member associations informed on upcoming legislation which may potentially affect them. The organisation also collates and distributes information on the amusement industry on a regular basis .
EUROMAT's members range from operators, manufacturers, distributors and owners of amusement equipment.
|Belgium||Belgian Gaming Association (BGA)||Link|
|Croatia||Croatian Gaming Association||Link|
|Denmark||Dansk Automat Brancheforening (DAB)||Link|
|Germany||Bundesverband Automatenunternehmer e.V. (BA)||Link|
|Germany||Deutscher Automaten-Großhandels-Verband e.V. (DAGV)||Link|
|Germany||Verband der Deutschen Automatenindustrie e.V. (VDAI)||Link|
|Hungary||Magyar Szerencsejáték Szövetség (MSZSZ)||Link|
|Italy||Sezioni Apparecchi per Pubbliche Attrazioni Ricreative (SAPAR)||Link|
|Netherlands||Vereniging Automatenhandel Nederland (VAN)||Link|
|Romania||Asociația Organizatorilor și Producătorilor de Jocuri de Noroc din România (AOPJNR)||Link|
|Romania||Asociatia Organizatorilor de Sloturi (ROSMLOT)||Link|
|Serbia||Udruženje Priređivača Igara na Sreću (JAKTA)||Link|
|Spain||Asociación Española de Empresarios de Máquinas Recreativas (FACOMARE)||Link|
|Spain||Confederación Española de Empresarios del Juego (COFAR)||Link|
|United Kingdom||British Amusement Catering Trades Association (BACTA)||Link|
Since its foundation in 1979, EUROMAT has published books and brochures discussing the status of gambling issues at the EU-level, such as:
- Responsible Gaming|Responsible Gambling: A statement of principles and a showcase of best practice from the European gaming and amusement industry (2009) - link to publication.
- The Future of Gaming and Amusement in Europe: A collection of essays (2006) - link to publication
- Playing Fair: Social Responsibility in Gaming (2015) - link to publication
- "European Gaming and Amusement Federation". www.gamingregulation.com. Retrieved 2016-07-08.
- It is the de facto EU capital as it hosts all major political institutions—though Parliament formally votes in Strasbourg, most political work is carried out in Brussels—and as such is considered the capital by definition. However, it is not formally declared in that language, though its position is spelled out in the Treaty of Amsterdam. See the section dedicated to this issue.
- Euromat - European Gaming and Amusement Federation
- Euromat - About Us
- Euromat - Member Countries