10 / June 21, 2017
|Operating system||Windows XP or newer|
EViews (Econometric Views) is a statistical package for Windows, used mainly for time-series oriented econometric analysis. It is developed by Quantitative Micro Software (QMS), now a part of IHS. Version 1.0 was released in March 1994, and replaced MicroTSP. The TSP software and programming language had been originally developed by Robert Hall in 1965. The current version of EViews is 10, released in June 2017.
EViews can be used for general statistical analysis and econometric analyses, such as cross-section and panel data analysis and time series estimation and forecasting.
EViews combines spreadsheet and relational database technology with the traditional tasks found in statistical software, and uses a Windows GUI. This is combined with a programming language which displays limited object orientation.
The Enterprise edition of EViews allows access to 3rd party time series data from multiple providers including: Thomson Reuters Datastream, FactSet, Moody's Economy.com, Macrobond Financial, Haver Analytics, and CEIC.
EViews relies heavily on a proprietary and undocumented file format for data storage. However, for input and output it supports numerous formats, including databank format, Excel formats, PSPP/SPSS, DAP/SAS, Stata, RATS, and TSP. EViews can access ODBC databases. EViews file formats can be partially opened by gretl.
Stationarity of data
To check unit root in data series, EViews is a great source of help. Multiple unit root tests are available in the research software including Dickey-Fuller and Philip-Perron (very popular).
- Doti, James L.; Adibi, Esmael (1987). Econometric Analysis with MicroTSP Student Software: An Applications Approach. Englewood Cliffs, NJ: Prentice Hall. ISBN 0-13-224114-5.
- "EViews 8 Enterprise Edition". Retrieved 17 June 2016.
- "FactSet OnDemand Eviews User Guide". Missing or empty
- "Macrobond product overview". Retrieved 17 June 2016.
- "Haver Analytics Third Party Software Review". Retrieved 2 January 2018.
- Agung, I. Gusti Ngurah (2011). Time Series Data Analysis Using EViews. John Wiley & Sons. ISBN 978-1-118-17630-6.
- Griffiths, William E.; Hill, R. Carter; Lim, Guay C. (2011). Using EViews for Principles of Econometrics (Fourth ed.). John Wiley & Sons. ISBN 978-1-118-03207-7.
- Vogelvang, Ben (2005). Econometrics: Theory and Applications with EViews. Pearson Education. ISBN 0-273-68374-8.