|Developer(s)||Quantitative Micro Software|
|Stable release||9.0 / March 23, 2015|
|Operating system||Windows XP or newer|
EViews (Econometric Views) is a statistical package for Windows, used mainly for time-series oriented econometric analysis. It is developed by Quantitative Micro Software (QMS), now a part of IHS. Version 1.0 was released in March 1994, and replaced MicroTSP. The TSP software and programming language had been originally developed by Robert Hall in 1965. The current version of EViews is 9.0, released in March 2015.
EViews can be used for general statistical analysis and econometric analyses, such as cross-section and panel data analysis and time series estimation and forecasting.
EViews combines spreadsheet and relational database technology with the traditional tasks found in statistical software, and uses a Windows GUI. This is combined with a programming language which displays limited object orientation.
The Enterprise edition of EViews allows access to 3rd party time series data from multiple providers including: Thomson Reuters Datastream, FactSet, Moody's Economy.com, Macrobond Financial and CEIC.
EViews relies heavily on a proprietary and undocumented file format for data storage. However, for input and output it supports numerous formats, including databank format, Excel formats, PSPP/SPSS, DAP/SAS, Stata, RATS, and TSP. EViews can access ODBC databases. EViews file formats can be partially opened by gretl.
- Doti, James L.; Adibi, Esmael (1987). Econometric Analysis with MicroTSP Student Software: An Applications Approach. Englewood Cliffs, NJ: Prentice Hall. ISBN 0-13-224114-5.
- "EViews 8 Enterprise Edition". Retrieved 30 December 2015.
- Agung, I. Gusti Ngurah (2011). Time Series Data Analysis Using EViews. John Wiley & Sons. ISBN 978-1-118-17630-6.
- Griffiths, William E.; Hill, R. Carter; Lim, Guay C. (2011). Using EViews for Principles of Econometrics (Fourth ed.). John Wiley & Sons. ISBN 978-1-118-03207-7.
- Vogelvang, Ben (2005). Econometrics: Theory and Applications with EViews. Pearson Education. ISBN 0-273-68374-8.