From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the scripting language for the VM/CMS operating system. For other uses, see Exec (disambiguation).
- Statements can be up to 255 characters long.
- EXEC 2 can issue commands to subcommand environments as well as CMS and CP.
- EXEC 2 has additional built-in functions.
- EXEC 2 commands may include subroutines and functions.
- EXEC 2 has extra debugging facilities.
- CMS programs can manipulate EXEC 2 variables.
Related CMS Command Procedure Control Languages
- Varian, Melinda. "VM AND THE VM COMMUNITY: Past, Present, and Future" (PDF). Retrieved March 14, 2012.
- IBM Corporation. "EXEC 2 Processor and CMS EXEC Processor". Retrieved March 14, 2012.
- EXEC 2 Processor, CMS User's Guide, z/VM Version 5 Release 1.0, Program Number 5741-A05, Document Number SC24-6079-00, First Edition September 2004