|Fate||Acquired by Mellanox Technologies|
|Founder||Eli Fruchter, Alex Tal|
|Eli Fruchter (CEO)|
|Revenue||US$70.85 million (2013)|
|US$19.65 million (2013)|
|US$21.70 million (2013)|
|Total assets||US$329.70 million (2013)|
Number of employees
|Footnotes / references
EZchip Semiconductor was a publicly traded fabless semiconductor company, headquartered in Yokneam, Israel, that developed and marketed Ethernet network processors. It was acquired by Mellanox Technologies in 2016.
EZchip was co-founded in 1999 by Eli Fruchter, a Technion graduate in the field of electrical engineering and veteran of the Israel Defense Forces' 8200 intelligence unit, and Alex Tal who served as Ezchip's first CTO and V.P R&D. Until 2008, EZchip operated as a subsidiary of LANOptics, then a developer of Ethernet switching chips and security software. After LANOptics completed its full acquisition of EZchip in January 2008, it changed its name to EZchip and its ticker symbol from LNOP to EZCH. Over the twelve-month period leading up to February 2012, shares of EZchip rose 40% on the Nasdaq index as demand for its processors grew and speculation increased that the company would get bought out.
In July 2014, EZchip acquired Tilera, a company that develops high-performance multi-core processors, intelligent network interface cards and white-box appliances for data-center networking equipment, $130 million in cash.
In January 2016, a shareholder vote passed that approved the merger of Mellanox Technologies and EZchip. The acquisition was completed on 23 February 2016.
- "EZCH Income Statement". Yahoo! News. 2011. Retrieved 10 October 2011.
- "Eli Fruchter: Executive Profile & Biography". Bloomberg Businessweek. Retrieved 10 October 2011.
Mr. Fruchter holds a B.Sc. degree in Electrical Engineering from the Technion - Israel Institute of Technology.
- Lior Zano; Matan Mittelman (9 August 2011). "אלי פרוכטר, מייסד איזיצ'יפ: 'אנחנו החברה הכי רווחית בישראל'" [Eli Fruchter, EZchip founder: We are the most profitable company in Israel]. TheMarker (in Hebrew). Retrieved 10 October 2011.
פרוכטר, 56, שירת בצבא ביחידה 8200 ולמד הנדסת חשמל בטכניון.
- Pincas, Gitit (1 June 2008). "LanOptics completes full acquisition of EZChip". IVC (Israel Venture Capital). Globes. Retrieved 10 October 2011.
- Wirbel, Loring (30 July 2008). "LANOptics changes company name to EZchip". EE Times. Colorado Springs, Colorado. Retrieved 10 October 2011.
- Barak Harif, Tal (24 February 2012). "EZchip Jumps to Record in N.Y. as Competitors Bought Out: Israel Overnight". Bloomberg. Retrieved 26 February 2012.
- EZchip to Buy Tilera
- George Gilder (Summer 2009). Anderson, Brian C., ed. "Silicon Israel: How market capitalism saved the Jewish state". City Journal. Manhattan Institute. 19 (3).
- Giladi, Ran (2008). Network Processors: Architecture, Programming, and Implementation. Burlington: Elsevier. ISBN 978-0-12-370891-5.