|This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2009)|
The Eagle Mountains are located in northeastern Riverside County, California, U.S.
The range lies to the north of Interstate 10 off Riverside County Route R2 and west— and southwest of the Coxcomb Mountains. They are the location of Eagle Mountain, the Kaiser Steel Eagle Mountain iron mine's ghost town, and one of the largest open pit iron ore mines, now closed, in the country.
The Eagle Mountains lie partly within eastern Joshua Tree National Park. The mountains reach an elevation of 1,631-meter (5,351 ft) inside the park, at the western end of the range near Cottonwood Pass.
- List of Sonoran Desert wildflowers
- List of flora of the Sonoran Desert Region by common name
- North American desert flora
- Joshua Tree National Park wiki-index
- Mountain ranges of the Colorado Desert
- Mountain ranges of the Mojave Desert
- Protected areas of the Mojave Desert
- Protected areas of the Colorado Desert
|This Riverside County, California-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|