Eagle Point High School
|Eagle Point High School|
|203 N Platt Street
Eagle Point, Oregon, Jackson County, 97524
|School district||Eagle Point School District|
|Number of students||1205|
|Color(s)||Royal blue and gold|
|Athletics conference||OSAA Southern Oregon Conference 5A-5|
|Website||Eagle Point HS website|
Eagle Point High School is a public high school in Eagle Point, Oregon, United States. Eagle Point has 1205 students. The school's nickname is the Eagles and the colors are royal blue and gold. The Eagle Point Eagles compete in the Souther Oregon Conference 5A-5 of the Oregon School Activities Association (OSAA). The current principal is Paul Cataldo.
In October 2009 the school was removed from the No Child Left Behind safety watch list, due to the following not occurring: "more than 1 percent of their students brought a weapon to school, were expelled for violence or committed a violent crime on campus."
In 2011, Eagle Point High School was awarded with an "outstanding" report card from the state of Oregon due to its increase in state test scores.
May 2012, Eagle Point School District teachers and staff as well as bus drivers went on strike and left the school for three weeks. The strike lasted for two weeks and resulted in a tentative contract agreement.
- Could not find a part of the path 'D:\hshome\jasu682\osaa.org\App_Data\schools\09-10.xml'.
- "Oregon School Directory 2008-09" (PDF). Oregon Department of Education. p. 139. Retrieved 2009-05-28.
- "State releases high school graduation rates". The Oregonian. 2009-06-30. Retrieved 2009-07-01.
- "Oregon dropout rates for 2008". The Oregonian. 2009-06-30. Retrieved 2009-07-01.
- Hammond, Betsy (2009-10-27). "Five Oregon schools on safety watch list due to weapons, violence, crime". The Oregonian. Retrieved 2009-10-28.
- Weigler, Jake (2009-10-28). "Five Schools Placed on Oregon’s Safety "Watch List"". Oregon Department of Education. Retrieved 2009-10-28.
|This Oregon school-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|