Eagle Stadium (Allen, Texas)
|Location||155 Rivercrest Boulevard
Allen, Texas 75002
|Surface||Matrix artificial turf|
|Scoreboard||Daktronics scoreboard 75’ x 45’ with 38’ x 23’ HD screen|
|Opened||August 31, 2012|
|Construction cost||$ 60 million|
|Allen Eagles (2012–present)
2013 Texas vs The Nation All-Star Game
It opened on August 31, 2012 with a non-district matchup between Allen and Southlake Carroll, who at the time was the defending 5A state champion. In a mild upset, Allen prevailed 24-23 en route to its own state title later that year. The Eagles are undefeated to date (20-0) when playing in Eagle Stadium and have won two state championships (2012, 2013) in 2 seasons playing at Eagle Stadium.
Eagle Stadium is notable (and controversial) for its size (it has a capacity of 18,000 spectators, the fifth largest high school stadium in Texas, and the largest which serves as home field for only one high school) and its cost of completion (just under USD $60 million). The 18,000 seats include 9,000 home-side seats (including 1,000 reserved for the Allen Escadrille), 4,000 end-zone seats for students and general admission (located in the north end zone), and 5,000 visitor-side seats.
Cracking and temporary closure
On February 27, 2014 the stadium was closed due to cracking in concrete to ensure the safety of visitors. All future events were canceled until further notice. In a letter to the design and construction companies for the stadium, lawyers for the school district cited “construction failures” that exacerbated “already deficient design.”
The stadium was officially reopened on June 5, 2015 for graduation.
Year-by-year win-loss record
1. Includes 2012 1st round playoff victory over Richardson High School.
2. Allen was unable to play any games in the stadium during the 2014 season due to repairs. Allen reached an agreement with neighboring Plano ISD to play 3 "home games" using 2 of Plano's Stadiums. As a part of the agreement Allen hosted 8 home games (as opposed to the normal 5 home games) in the 2015 season.
3. Includes 2015 1st round playoff victory over Byron Nelson High School.
- Dane Brugler, "Texas vs. the Nation game returns for 2013", NFLDraftScout.com at CBSSports.com, November 9, 2012.
- Concrete 'cracking' found in stadium, ESPN, February 27, 2014.
- Erin McClam (May 20, 2014). "$60 Million Texas High School Stadium Deemed Unsafe for Football". NBC News.com. Retrieved May 21, 2014.
- , Allen ISD, June 2, 2015.)
- "Allen 2012 Football Schedule". Max Preps. Retrieved 13 November 2015.
- "Allen 2013 Football Schedule". Max Preps. Retrieved 13 November 2015.
- "Allen 2014 Football Schedule". Max Preps. Retrieved 13 November 2015.
- "Allen 2015 Football Schedule". Max Preps. Retrieved 13 November 2015.
- Welch, Matt. "Allen's Eagle Stadium closed for 2014 season, home football games shift to Plano". Star Local Media. Retrieved 13 November 2015.