Eagle Township, Brown County, Ohio
|Eagle Township, Brown County, Ohio|
Location of Eagle Township in Brown County
|• Total||25.6 sq mi (66.2 km2)|
|• Land||25.6 sq mi (66.2 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||991 ft (302 m)|
|• Density||53/sq mi (20.3/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1085794|
Located in the northeastern corner of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Concord Township, Highland County - northeast
- Winchester Township, Adams County - east
- Jackson Township - south
- Franklin Township - southwest corner
- Washington Township - west
- Whiteoak Township, Highland County - northwest
No municipalities are located in Eagle Township.
Name and history
Eagle Township was established in 1817.
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 2013-09-11. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Eagle township, Brown County, Ohio". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved February 20, 2014.
- The History of Brown County, Ohio. Higginson Book Company. 1883. p. 574.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.