Eaglecrest High School
|Eaglecrest High School|
|5100 South Picadilly Street
Centennial, Colorado 80015
|School district||Cherry Creek School District|
|Teaching staff||130.05 (FTE)|
|Student to teacher ratio||19.25|
|Color(s)||Red, black and silver|
|Athletics conference||Centennial League|
Eaglecrest High School is a public high school located in unincorporated Arapahoe County, Colorado, near the cities of Aurora and Centennial. Eaglecrest was the fourth high school to open in the Cherry Creek School District, and it is a member of the 5A Centennial League. The school initially opened serving grades 7–10, and subsequently transitioned to a traditional 9–12 high school.
Eaglecrest holds Advanced Placement courses for its students.
Eaglecrest High School is the American Association of School Librarians' 2014 National School Library Program of the Year Award recipient.
The demographic breakdown of the 2,504 students enrolled in 2013–14 was:
- Male - 50.8%
- Female - 49.2%
- Native American/Alaskan - 0.3%
- Asian/Pacific islanders - 6.8%
- Black - 14.6%
- Hispanic - 19.6%
- White - 54.2%
- Multiracial - 4.5%
26.3% of the students were eligible for free or reduced lunch.
The Eaglecrest Raptors compete in the Centennial League along with the Smoky Hill Buffaloes, Overland Trailblazers, Arapahoe Warriors, Cherry Creek Bruins, Cherokee Trail Cougars, Mullen Mustangs, and Grandview Wolves.
Eaglecrest has won a total of 14 State Championships since 1991, the latest of which was the title for cheerleading in 2015.
- 1993 Eaglecrest football, under the motto "No Excuses, Just Results", defeated Hinkley 37–29 to win the school's first state championship.
- 1994 Eaglecrest cheerleading won their first state championship.
- 1995 Eaglecrest cheerleading won their 2nd state championship.
- 1997 Eaglecrest cheerleading won their 3rd state championship.
- 1998 Eaglecrest cheerleading won their 4th state championship.
- 1999 Eaglecrest cheerleading won their 5th state championship.
- 2001 Eaglecrest cheerleading won their 6th state championship.
- 2002 Eaglecrest boys' track & field won their first state championship.
- 2003 Eaglecrest cheerleading won their 7th state championship.
- 2005 Eaglecrest softball team won the state championship with a 1-0 win over Pomona.
- 2006 Eaglecrest girls' volleyball won the 5A state championship with a perfect 31–0 record.
- 2008 Eaglecrest cheerleading won their 8th state championship.
- 2013 Eaglecrest boys' basketball defeated #1 ranked Denver East 63-44 to win their first state championship. 
- 2015 Eaglecrest cheerleading won their 9th state championship.
- 2017 Eaglecrest boys' basketball claimed their second state championship by defeating George Washington 53-47. 
Eaglecrest offers curricula in vocal, instrumental, dance, and theatre arts.
- Instrumental performance groups include a classical orchestra, as well as concert, symphonic, jazz, mariachi, winter percussion, pep, and marching bands.
- The Dance department at Eaglecrest holds four dance courses (Modern Jazz I, Modern Jazz II, Training Company and Dance Company) that all participate in the concerts put on for the public every semester.
- Eaglecrest Theatre produces a mainstage play every fall, a musical in the winter, and either another mainstage play or a one act play festival in the spring.
- "Search for Public Schools - School Detail for Eaglecrest High School". ed.gov. Retrieved 23 December 2015.
- "Eaglecrest High School named National School Library Program of the Year". ala.org. Retrieved 23 December 2015.
- http://www2.chsaa.org/about/pdf/Champions_by_School.pdf CHSAA Champions list
- The Denver Post (16 November 2010). "All-time list of Colorado high school football champions". denverpost.com. Retrieved 23 December 2015.
- The Denver Post (9 January 2013). "All-time list of Colorado high school softball champions". denverpost.com. Retrieved 23 December 2015.
- COURTNEY OAKES, Sports Editor. "Boys Basketball: Eaglecrest-Denver East photos". Aurora Sentinel. Retrieved 23 December 2015.
- "Champions crowned at State Spirit Competition". 9News. 13 December 2015. Retrieved 23 December 2015.
- "Late surge by Eaglecrest helps Raptors claim 5A state title". 9News. 11 March 2017. Retrieved 12 March 2017.
- "History". Eaglecrest High School Theatre. Retrieved 23 December 2015.