Ealing Jazz Festival
|Ealing Jazz Festival|
The main stage marquee in 2006
|Dates||1984 to date|
|Founded by||Albert 'Bev' Bowles-Bevan,|
|Organized by||Ealing London Borough Council|
|Website||Ealing Jazz Festival|
In 2016 concern was raised after Ealing Council announced it was to take over management of the festival from "The Event Umbrella". As a result the festival programme was reduced from five to two days of live music and ticket prices increased sharply. These unpopular measures were intended to reduce financial risk. A group of protesters staged a demonstration outside Ealing Council's offices to publicise their objections.
- Street, Tim (13 April 2015), "Ealing Jazz Festival co-founder's life celebrated", Get West London
- Cooper, Goolistan (5 February 2016), "Proposed changes to Ealing Jazz Festival 'would rip its heart out'", Get West London
- Oates, Jonathan; Hounsell, Peter (2014), Ealing: A Concise History, Amberley, p. 151, ISBN 9781445633817
- "NEWS: Concern over future of Ealing Jazz Festival is spreading / petition reaches 1000 signatures". London Jazz News. 1 February 2016. Retrieved 8 July 2016.
- "'Leave the jazz alone': Angry protestors fight Ealing Council Jazz Festival cuts with placards and petition". Ealing Times. 13 April 2016. Retrieved 8 July 2016.
|This London-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This jazz festival article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|