|Known for||Author of the beverage program at Michelin-starred Betony|
Eamon Rockey is the General Manager and author of the beverage program at Michelin-starred Betony Maison-Dellos’s only North American restaurant located in midtown Manhattan, New York City. In December 2016, Betony closed.
Eamon Rockey was born in Hattiesburg, Mississippi to parents who were both chefs. By the age of 14, he was encouraged to start working and he started at Sakura, the only sushi restaurant in Hattiesburg.
After a brief stint at Gilt restaurant in 2006, Rockey moved on to Eleven Madison Park in 2007  where he was captain and bartender for three years. Rockey helped to open Compose in Tribeca in late 2010 and served there as opening General Manager and Beverage Director. In the Spring of 2012, Compose re-opened as Atera with Chef Matthew Lightner and earned two Michelin stars Rockey then managed the dining room and oversaw the beverage program as a partner at Aska, a Scandinavian restaurant that he opened with Chef Fredrik Berselius.
In 2013, Rockey joined with Chef Bryce Shuman to open Betony (which closed December 31, 2016). They first met in 2007 while working at Eleven Madison Park and opened Betony together on West 57th Street. Betony earned rave reviews including “Restaurant of the Year” from Esquire a Michelin star and a spot on the Wine Enthusiast’s “100 Best Wine Restaurants” list. Betony also earned a three star review from The New York Times' food critic, Pete Wells, in 2013. VinePair has called the milk-punch-centric drink program at Betony, headed by Rockey, “second to none.”
On September 20, 2016, Eamon collaborated with drum and base DJ Damian “Dieselboy” Higgins on an event called “Going Up: Advanced Dungeons and Drinking” as part of a weekly cocktail series held at VON.
Rockey is a supporter of the non-profit organization No Kid Hungry, for which he serves as Spirits Chair in New York. In 2015, he hosted his culinary peers for a cook-off dinner to benefit No Kid Hungry.
- "Eamon Rockey Gives Tips on Being a Restauranteur". Millennial Magazine. Retrieved 26 October 2016.
- "Mixologist Eamon Rockey of Betony - Biography". Star Chefs.
- "Meet the Nominee: Betony Restaurant in New York City, 2014 James Beard Best New Restaurant Finalist". Taste Trekkers. Retrieved 26 October 2016.
- Levine, Jeff. "Alumnus Managing One of NYC's Top New Restaurants Returns to the CIA as Graduation Speaker". The Culinary Institute of America.
- "7/14 - Meet the Culinary Entrepreneurs: Eamon Rockey". Institute of Culinary Education. Retrieved 26 October 2016.
- Goldfield, Hannah. "Tables for Two: Betony". New Yorker. Retrieved 26 October 2016.
- Rao, Tejal. "Betony Review: The Elegant Way to Share a Pig's Head". Bloomberg. Retrieved 26 October 2016.
- Ulla, Gabe. "Eamon Rockey and Bryce Shuman on Opening Betony". New York Eater. Retrieved 26 October 2016.
- Cuozzo, Steve. "Eatery a Sure Betony". New York Post. Retrieved 26 October 2016.
- "Restaurateur on the Economy: Eamon Rockey, Betony". Markets Media. 2016-06-23. Retrieved 2016-10-26.
- "100 Best Wine Restaurants 2014 | Wine Enthusiast Magazine". Wine Enthusiast Magazine. Retrieved 2016-10-26.
- Wells, Pete (2013-08-27). "Restaurant Review: Betony in Midtown". The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved 2016-10-26.
- Morabito, Greg (2013-08-27). "Pete Wells Awards Three Stars to Betony in Midtown". Eater NY. Retrieved 2016-10-26.
- "Betony Is One Of The Best Restaurants In America For Inventive Cocktails". VinePair. 2016-06-21. Retrieved 2016-10-26.
- "Dieselboy | Facebook". www.facebook.com. Retrieved 2016-10-26.
- "New York City No Kid Hungry Heroes Dinner | Marc Murphy". Marc Murphy. Retrieved 2016-10-26.
- "Chef Spotlight: Bryce Shuman and Eamon Rockey of Betony in NYC | No Kid Hungry | End Child Hunger in America". www.nokidhungry.org. Retrieved 2016-10-26.
- "How Do You Host a Charity Dinner That's Actually Fun?". Town & Country Magazine. 2015-09-02. Retrieved 2016-10-26.