Eamonn (given name)
Éamon (//) is a masculine Irish given name. It is an Irish form of the English Edmund, which is derived from an Old English name containing the elements ēad ("prosperity, riches") and mund ("protector"). An alternate form of Éamon is Éaman and Éamann. Anglicised forms of Éamon are Eamon and Eamonn.
List of people with the given names
- Éamon de Valera, Irish republican volunteer (IRA member) turned politician; elected as both Taoiseach and President of Ireland
- Éamonn Ceannt, Irish nationalist (executed for role in the 1916 Easter Rising)
- Eamon (singer), Eamon Jonathan Doyle, professionally known as Eamon, an American R&B singer-songwriter
- Eamon Collins, Irish Republican Army volunteer who later turned against the organization; later murdered
- Eamon Keane, actor
- Eamon Sullivan, Australian swimmer
- Eamonn Andrews, Irish television personality
- Eamonn Butler, British economist, the director of the Adam Smith Institute.
- Eamonn Campbell, Irish musician
- Eamonn Casey, Roman Catholic Bishop Emeritus (Galway and Kilmacduagh, Ireland)
- Eamonn Coghlan, three time Olympian and retired runner
- Eamonn Darcy, professional golfer
- Eamonn Duggan, Irish lawyer, nationalist and politician
- Eamonn Holmes, Northern Irish television personality
- Eamonn Keane (weightlifter)
- Eamonn Kissane, Irish politician; former Parliamentary Secretary to the Taoiseach
- Eamonn McCann, Northern Irish journalist, writer and activist
- Eamonn Walker, British actor
- Eamon Zayed, Irish/Libyan association footballer.
- "Eamon Yzalli" is an alias used by Corran Horn in the Star Wars expanded universe novels.
- Eamon from Rté comedy production 'Bridget & Eamon'
- Hanks, P; Hardcastle, K; Hodges, F (2006) . A Dictionary of First Names. Oxford Paperback Reference (2nd ed.). Oxford: Oxford University Press. p. 346. ISBN 978-0-19-861060-1.
- Hanks, P; Hardcastle, K; Hodges, F (2006) . A Dictionary of First Names. Oxford Paperback Reference (2nd ed.). Oxford: Oxford University Press. p. 84. ISBN 978-0-19-861060-1.
|given name. If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change that link to point directly to the intended article.This page or section lists people that share the same|