Butler in 2015
|Alma mater||University of St Andrews|
|Relatives||Stuart Butler (brother)|
Eamonn Butler (born 1953) is a British economist. He is the co-founder and Director of the Adam Smith Institute.
Butler worked on pensions and welfare issues for the United States House of Representatives in Washington DC, before returning to the UK where he served as editor of the British Insurance Broker Monthly.
He is author of books on the work of three economists: Hayek: His Contribution to the Economic and Political Thought of Our Time; Milton Friedman: A Guide to his Economic Thought; Ludwig von Mises: A Primer; Ludwig von Mises: Fountainhead of the Modern Microeconomics Revolution. Additionally, he has contributed extensively to national magazines and newspapers such as The Times on subjects ranging from health policy, economic management, taxation and public spending, transport, pensions, and e-government.
- The Condensed Wealth of Nations, Eamonn Butler, 2011
- Milton Friedman: A Concise Guide to the Ideas and Influence of the Free-Market Economist, Eamonn Butler, 2011
- Austrian Economics: A Primer, Eamonn Butler, 2010
- Ludwig Von Mises: A Primer, Eamonn Butler, 2010
- The Alternative Manifesto, Eamonn Butler, 2010
- Hayek: His Contribution to the Political and Economic Thought of Our Time, Eamonn Butler & Jeff Riggenbach, 2010 (Audiobook)
- Ludwig Von Mises: Fountainhead of the Modern Microeconomics Revolution, Eamonn Butler & Jeff Riggenbach, 2010 (Audiobook)
- The Rotten State of Britain, Eamonn Butler, 2009
- The Best Book on the Market, Eamonn Butler, 2008
- Adam Smith - A Primer, Eamonn Butler, 2007
- The Future of the NHS, Eamonn Butler, 2006 
- Simply No Mistake: How the Stakeholder Pension Must Work, Eamonn Butler, 1998
- The Great Escape: Financing the Transition to Funded Welfare, Eamonn Butler, 1997
- Fortune Account, Eamonn Butler & Madsen Pirie, 1995
- The End of the Welfare State, Eamonn Butler & Madsen Pirie, 1994
- Taming the Trade Unions, Eamonn Butler, 1991
- Ludwig Von Mises: Fountainhead of the Modern Microeconomic Revolution, Eamonn Butler, 1988
- The Health Alternatives, Eamonn Butler & Madsen Pirie, 1988
- Good Health: Role of Health Maintenance Organizations, Eamonn Butler, 1986
- Milton Friedman: A Guide to His Economic Thought, Eamonn Butler, 1985
- Hayek, Eamonn Butler, 1985
- Aid by Enterprise, Eamonn Butler & Madsen Pirie, 1984
- Free Ports, Eamonn Butler & Madsen Pirie, 1983
- Private Road Ahead, Eamonn Butler & Gabriel Roth, 1982
- Economy and Local Government, Eamonn Butler & Madsen Pirie, 1981
- Forty Centuries of Wage and Price Controls, Eamonn Butler & Robert Schuettinger, 1979
- Michael David Kandiah, Anthony Seldon, Ideas and Think Tanks in Contemporary Britain, Routledge, 2014, Volume 1, pp. 73-74 
- Profile: Eamonn Butler, The Guardian
- Eamonn Butler, The Times
- Mont Pelerin Society: 2012-2014 Board of Directors
- "Summer Graduations 2012". Heriot-Watt University. Retrieved 2016-03-29.
- Tempest, Michelle (2006). The Future of the NHS. ISBN 1-85811-369-5. Retrieved 13 October 2015.