||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (March 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
November 7, 1945 |
New York City, New York, U.S.
|Other names||Eril Bowen
|Occupation||Actor, voice actor|
|Spouse(s)||Carole Kean (1970–2001; her death)|
He is perhaps best known as criminal psychologist Dr. Peter Silberman in the Terminator series. Boen reprised the role in both Terminator 2, and 3, making him the only actor besides Arnold Schwarzenegger to appear in the first three Terminator films as the same character.
Earl Boen is also very active in the voice-over field. He has played Mr. Bleakman in Clifford the Big Red Dog, Simon Stagg on several episodes of Justice League, Police Chief Kanifky in Bonkers, and many characters on multiple other animated shows and films.
Life and career
|This section does not cite any sources. (January 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Boen was born in New York City. Having started acting in the mid-1950s, he gained roles on the stage in several leading repertory companies between 1965 and 1976 before moving to Hollywood.
Boen is known to many TV viewers as the Harper family's pastor, Rev.Lloyd Meechum on the 1980s sitcom Mama's Family. His character was featured in several of the most memorable episodes (on both the network and syndicated versions). He also appeared as a clergyman in episodes of The Golden Girls, The Golden Palace, The Wonder Years, Boy Meets World, Seinfeld and Three's Company. He also appeared as Willie's boss in ALF, and as Patrick Morrison in the Matlock episode "The Cult".
Other films in which he appeared include The Main Event (1979), Battle Beyond the Stars (1980), 9 to 5 (1980), Soggy Bottom, U.S.A. (1981), The Man with Two Brains (1983), To Be or Not to Be (1983), Alien Nation (1988), Marked for Death (1990), Naked Gun 33⅓: The Final Insult (1994), and Nutty Professor II: The Klumps (2000).
Boen commonly plays doctors in movie and television roles. He may also be noted for his role as Jim Petersen, Angela Bower's boss on the show Who's The Boss?. Earl had a recurring role as Dr. Kramer in the 1990s Fox network cult classic comedy TV series Get a Life. In 1987, came his first voice role as Taurus in the direct to video G.I. Joe: The Movie.
Some of his most well known voice roles have been villainous pirate LeChuck from the Monkey Island series of adventure games. He has also provided the introductions for World of Warcraft and its expansions, voiced Magtheridon in World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade and King Terenas Menethil II in World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King, including the ending cinematic for that expansion.
Boen retired from screen acting in 2003, but continues his work as a voice actor in radio, television cartoons and video games.
- Balzac in the Sword of the Berserk: Guts' Rage
- Miscellaneous voices in The Jetsons
- Dr. Regis Blackgaard, R. Edwin Blackgaard, among other voices for Adventures in Odyssey
- Montaron in Bioware's Baldur's Gate series of computer role-playing games
- LeChuck (Fester Shinetop/Charles L. Charles) in LucasArts's Monkey Island series of computer adventure games
- The Butcher in Double Fine Productions' Psychonauts
- General in Dexter's Laboratory (third season episode "Smells Like Victory")
- Nagilum in the Star Trek: The Next Generation episode "Where Silence Has Lease"
- Vorhsoth in Star Trek: Elite Force
- Nemesis in Black & White
- Magneto in Pryde of the X-Men
- The Beyonder in Spider-Man: The Animated Series
- Colossus in X-Men Legends
- Police Chief Kanifky in Bonkers
- Inspector LeGrasse in Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem
- Horace Bleakman in Clifford the Big Red Dog
- The blond Lugg Brother in The Pirates of Dark Water
- Sergei Gurlukovich in Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty
- The Sarafan Lord in Legacy of Kain: Blood Omen 2
- Beneras in 3×3 Eyes
- Narrator of Tenchu 2 and Tenchu: Wrath of Heaven
- Señor Senior Sr. in various Kim Possible episodes (a role he shared with Ricardo Montalbán)
- Racial introductions in World of Warcraft and its expansions
- Magtheridon in World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade
- Narrator (King Terenas) in the opening cinematic of World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King
- Hekima the Wise in World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria
- Sergei Dekker in the video game Soldier of Fortune
- Sam Gladstone in the video game Soldier of Fortune II: Double Helix
- Taurus in the G.I. Joe: The Movie.
- Jack the Grave Robber in SWAT Kats: The Radical Squadron
- Simon Stagg in Justice League
- Zeus in the Animaniacs (episode "Hercules Unwound")
- Rex in Toy Story Racer
- Santa in Dot and Spot's Magical Christmas
- Zeus in Orphen: Scion of Sorcery
|1984||The Terminator||Dr. Silberman|
|1990||Marked for Death||Dr. Stein|
|1991||Terminator 2: Judgment Day||Dr. Silberman|
|2000||Nutty Professor II: The Klumps||Dr Knoll|
|2003||Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines||Dr. Silberman|