Mitchell with the Houston Texans in 2012
|Born:||September 25, 1987|
|Height:||6 ft 3 in (1.91 m)|
|Weight:||310 lb (141 kg)|
|High school:||North Shore (Houston, Texas)|
|NFL Draft:||2010 / Round: 3 / Pick: 81|
|Career NFL statistics as of 2018|
Earl Mitchell (born September 25, 1987) is an American football defensive tackle who is currently a free agent. He was drafted by the Houston Texans in the third round of the 2010 NFL Draft. He played college football at Arizona.
Mitchell attended the University of Arizona from 2006 to 2009.
On February 17, 2017, Mitchell was released by the Dolphins.
San Francisco 49ers
On February 24, 2017, Mitchell signed a four-year, $16 million contract with the San Francisco 49ers. In his first season in San Francisco, Mitchell started all 16 games, recording 33 combined tackles, one sack, and a career-high four passes defensed.
On January 23, 2019, the 49ers declined the two-year option on Mitchell's contract, making him a free agent in 2019.
|Year||Team||GP||COMB||TOTAL||AST||SACK||FF||FR||FR YDS||INT||IR YDS||AVG IR||LNG||TD||PD|
Mitchell was born and raised in Houston, moving around with his mom, who separated from his dad. His grandma sometimes provided a home for him in the Trinity Garden neighborhood, but she died when Mitchell was 14 and Mitchell's dad died during his senior year in college.
- Houston Texans draft Arizona's Earl Mitchell with 81st pick in NFL draft
- Dolphins add Albert, Earl Mitchell
- "PRESS RELEASE: Dolphins Make Roster Moves". MiamiDolphins.com.
- "PRESS RELEASE: Dolphins Activate Mitchell Off Injured Reserve". MiamiDolphins.com. November 10, 2016.
- "Dolphins Make Roster Moves". MiamiDolphins.com. February 16, 2017.
- Hagemann, Andie. "Earl Mitchell signing with Niners on 4-year, $16M deal". NFL.com. Retrieved February 24, 2017.
- Alper, Josh (January 23, 2019). "Report: 49ers won't pick up Earl Mitchell's option". Pro Football Talk. NBC Sports.
- "Earl Mitchell Stats". ESPN. ESPN Internet Ventures. Retrieved June 17, 2015.
- "Grandma's life lessons serve Texans' Mitchell well". Houston Chronicle. Retrieved February 16, 2017.