Earl of Sandwich (restaurant)
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Industry||Fast food restaurants|
|Headquarters||Orlando, Florida, U.S.|
|Lord Sandwich, Orlando Montagu, Robert Earl|
|Products||Submarine sandwiches, salads, other food products|
Earl of Sandwich is a restaurant franchise based in Orlando, Florida, United States. It was founded by The Rt Hon. The 11th Earl of Sandwich, his younger son John Montagu, and businessman Robert Earl, founder of Planet Hollywood.
Earl of Sandwich is the brainchild of The Hon. Orlando Montagu, who is the younger son of The 11th Earl of Sandwich. He and his father are direct descendants of The 4th Earl of Sandwich, who popularised the sandwich in Great Britain and Ireland in the 18th century.
The first restaurant was opened on March 19, 2004, located in Disney Springs on the property of the Walt Disney World Resort outside of Orlando, Florida. Earl of Sandwich has franchising plans in the United States and the United Kingdom, including the Planet Hollywood Resort and Casino in Las Vegas, Nevada.
The first Earl of Sandwich franchise opened in Sugar Land, Texas, and is owned by an investment group which includes Nolan Ryan and Roger Clemens. Additional locations have opened since, in various states across the U.S..
The first Earl of Sandwich restaurant outside of the United States opened on April 18, 2011, in London, but closed on 28 February, 2014, and the company is seeking new UK premises. Another one has since opened in the Disney Village at Disneyland Resort Paris.
- Downtown Disney at the Disneyland Resort, Anaheim
- Harrah's Resort Southern California north of San Diego
- Los Angeles International Airport, Los Angeles, California
- Downtown San Jose, San Jose, California, Silicon Valley
- Town Center at Boca Raton in Boca Raton
- Disney Springs at the Walt Disney World Resort, Lake Buena Vista
- Miami International Airport
- Okeechobee at the Fort Drum Service Plaza on Florida's Turnpike
- St. Petersburg
- International Plaza and Bay Street in Tampa
- Fort Pierce at the Port St. Lucie / Fort Pierce Service Plaza on Florida's Turnpike
- Lake Worth at the West Palm Beach Service Plaza on Florida's Turnpike
- Las Vegas at the Planet Hollywood Resort and Casino
- Las Vegas at the Palms Casino Resort
- Las Vegas at Caesars Palace
- Downtown Summerlin
- Stone, Greenhithe, Kent in Great Britain, at Bluewater shopping centre. 
- Marne-la-Vallée, just outside Paris, at the Disneyland Resort Paris
- Doha, Qatar, at The Pearl-Qatar
- Mervine, Bob. "Earl opens first Earl of Sandwich restaurant at Walt Disney World." Orlando Business Journal, 2004-03-19.
- "Earl of Sandwich signs group as first franchisee". Nation's Restaurant News. 2005. Archived from the original on 2012-07-10.