This article does not cite any sources. (June 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Ki and Ninhursag are Mesopotamian earth goddesses. In Greek mythology, the Earth is personified as Gaia, corresponding to Roman Terra, Indic Prithvi/Bhūmi, etc. traced to an "Earth Mother" complementary to the "Sky Father" in Proto-Indo-European religion. Egyptian mythology exceptionally has a sky goddess and an Earth god.
Other Earth goddesses include:
- Greek Cybele, Demeter, Persephone, Rhea
- Roman Ceres, Ops, Prosperina
- Slavic Mat Zemlya
- Andean (Inca) Pachamama
- Hindu Prithvi
- Mother Earth (disambiguation)
- Mother goddess
- Earth in culture
- Earth symbol
- List of fertility deities
- "Definition of EARTH GODDESS". www.merriam-webster.com. Retrieved 2017-06-20.