||This article's factual accuracy is disputed. (July 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Subpersonal chakras are five chakras, in addition to the usual seven, that some contemporary esotericists assert are located in descending order below the feet.
List of the five subpersonal chakras
Yoga practitioner Noeli Naima of Barcelona, Spain describes a total of five chakras (four additional ones between the feet and the earth star chakra, which is described as being the lowest of the five) as being located below the Muladhara chakra. She calls these Subpersonal Chakras. The five subpersonal chakras are numbered from the nearest one to the body, a few inches below the feet, to the fifth one, two arms lengths below the feet:
- Incarnation Point Chakra (a few inches below the feet) – practical implementation of the soul journey for the current life
- Incarnator Chakra (about 40 cm below the feet) – connection to ancestry, tribe, clan
- Subpersonal Leadership Chakra (below the feet at an arm's length) – Anima, in contact with the female archetype
- Earth Centering Chakra (below the feet at an arm's length) – links to the archaic earth energy
- Earth Star Chakra (below the feet at two arms' lengths) – exchange and relationship to the Earth goddess
Earth star chakra
It is believed to coordinate the "grounding cord" for one's lightbody that leads to the center of the earth and when functioning properly in coordination with the first chakra (the muladhara chakra) allows one to be grounded and centered (i.e., function effectively on the physical plane by having the ability to do such things as get a good education, hold a job, keep one's personal finances in order, and stay healthy by getting good nutrition, getting enough physical exercise and not using recreational drugs or not using them to excess).
Chakras on soles of the feet and palms of the hands
Related to the subpersonal chakras concept is the belief of many New Age groups that there are chakras on the soles of one's feet and on the palms of one's hands.
- Noeli Naima’s Fusion Flow Yoga—Five “Subpersonal Chakras” below the Muladhara Chakra are identified and named, and their functions described (in German) (Use Google Translate to translate into English):
- Wolf, Elias: Das Buch der 28 Chakren, Schirner Verlag, Darmstadt 2006, ISBN 3-89767-257-X
- Wingmaker’s New Age Neo-Pagan website (based in Christchurch, New Zealand) on the Chakras:
- Map of extended chakra system according to Wingmaker’s New Age Neo-Pagan website (based in Christchurch, New Zealand) (includes “earth star” chakra, "soul star" chakra, "God's head" chakra and “grand portal” chakra):
- Pearls of Wisdom newsletter from Elizabeth Clare Prophet's The Summit Lighthouse