East Arkansas Regional Unit
|Managed by||Arkansas Department of Correction|
The East Arkansas Regional Unit is an Arkansas Department of Correction prison in Brickeys, St. Francis Township, unincorporated Lee County, Arkansas. United States. It is about 17 miles (27 km) southeast of Forrest City.
East Arkansas Regional Unit is one of the state's parent units for processed male inmates and serves for initial assignment. This facility was established in 1992 and has 379 employees. The facility is ACA Accredited and has a Capacity of 1,432 inmates. Operations include jail operations, education, substance abuse treatment program, canine unit, field crops, and regional maintenance.
In 2007 after the prison system determined that some East Arkansas Correctional Officers used excessive force against prisoners, those Correctional Officers were fired.
- Facility Profile Archived 2011-06-28 at the Wayback Machine.. Arkansas Department of Correction. Retrieved on 02/16/2013.
- "Arkansas Inmate Nearly Dies After Left in Feces." (Archive) Associated Press at Fox News. June 22, 2009. Retrieved on April 15, 2013.
- "Brown, Joshua M." (Archive) Arkansas Department of Corrections. Retrieved on February 26, 2013.
- 2011 Friends and Family Guide Archived 2013-03-26 at WebCite. Retrieved on 02/16/2013.
- 2013 Inmate Handbook. Retrieved on 02/16/2013
- Arkansas Department of Corrections resource page.
|This Arkansas state location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This prison-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|