East Community Learning Center
|East Community Learning Center|
80 Brittain Road
|Type||Public high school|
|School district||Akron Public Schools|
|Grades||7-8 (middle school) 9-12 ( high school)|
|Color(s)||Scarlet and Gray|
|Athletics conference||Akron City Series|
|Accreditation||Ohio Department of Education|
East Community Learning Center (East CLC), formerly known as East High School, is a public high school in Akron, Ohio. It is one of seven high schools in the Akron Public Schools. The building serves students in grades nine through twelve as well as a middle school wing for grades seven and eight.
The campus on Brittain Road opened in September 1955. The building replaced the previous home of East High School on Martha Avenue, which was rechristened as Goodyear Junior High School, later as Goodyear Middle School, and finally as the East Community Learning Center—Goodyear Campus in 2010.
From August 2008 to September 2010, students were temporarily relocated to the decommissioned Central-Hower High School, while the East High School building was renovated and expanded. The building reopened September 1, 2010 as the East Community Learning Center (ECLC). For the beginning of the 2010–2011 school year the building accommodated grades 9–12, though an addition to the ECLC building was completed by January 2011 and added students in grades 7 and 8 from the former Goodyear Middle School.
2016 state playoff appearance first time in school history 2016 City series champions 6-0
- William Gerstenmaier, aerospace and mechanical engineer, NASA administrator for Human Exploration and Operations
- James Ingram, musician
- Gene Michael, former professional baseball player, manager, and executive in Major League Baseball
- Gene Woodling, former professional baseball player in Major League Baseball
Notes and references
- "High School SAT Code Search Results". College Board website. College Board. 2008. Retrieved 2008-07-27.
- "General Information - East High School". Ohio Department of Education online directory. Ohio Department of Education. 20 October 2009. Retrieved 1 February 2010.[permanent dead link]
- "East Community Learning Center". National Center for Education Statistics. Retrieved December 23, 2017.
- "East High School 2008-2009 School Year Report Card" (PDF). Ohio Department of Education Local Report Card Files. Ohio Department of Education. Archived from the original (PDF) on 9 June 2011. Retrieved 1 February 2010.
- "School Information". Akron-East-High.info. Akron Public Schools. 2009. Retrieved 4 September 2010.
- "East C.L.C. - Goodyear Campus". EastCluster.Info. Akron Public Schools. 2010. Archived from the original on 21 July 2011. Retrieved 3 September 2010.
- "Akron Public Schools Facilities Master Plan". EastCluster.info. Akron Public Schools. 2009. Retrieved February 1, 2010.
- OHSAA. "Ohio High School Athletic Association Web site". Retrieved 2006-12-31.
- Akron Beacon Journal (2005). "East High School Induction". Akron Beacon Journal. Retrieved September 29, 2007.
- "Gene Michael". Baseball-Reference.com. Baseball-Reference.com. 2010. Retrieved 28 June 2010.
|This Summit County, Ohio school article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|