East Cork lies in south-west Ireland, in Ireland's largest county, County Cork. The term "East Cork" is used in tourism, sporting and other contexts, and for example is the name given to one of eight municipal districts of Cork County Council.
East Cork contains one of the world's largest natural harbours, Cork Harbour. Fota Island House and Gardens is also east of Cork City, and Fota Island Golf Course hosted the Irish Open golf tournament in 2001.
- "East Cork - Discover Ireland". Discoverireland.ie. Retrieved 18 September 2017.
- "East Cork Tourism - Ring of Cork". Eastcorktourism.com. Retrieved 18 September 2017.
- "East Cork GAA Website, Imokilly Division, Hurling & Football in East Cork". Eastcorkgaa.com. Retrieved 18 September 2017.
- "Cork County Council - Municipal Districts". Corkcoco.ie. Retrieved 18 September 2017.
- "How your Council Works - East Cork Municipal District". Corkcoco.ie. Retrieved 2 October 2017.
[Council] services are delivered across eight Municipal Districts[. The] Municipal District East Cork [covers] Towns [of] Midleton and Youghal [and] Key Villages [of] Castlemartyr, Cloyne, Killeagh, Whitegate and Aghada
|This geographical article about County Cork is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|