East Delta University
|East Delta University|
|Established||2006, academic operation started in 2008|
|Vice-Chancellor||Professor M. Sekander Khan|
|Undergraduates||Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA), BA (Hons.) in English, BA (Hons.) in English, BSc in EEE, BSc in ETE,|
|Postgraduates||Masters of Business Administration (MBA), MA in Economics.|
|Affiliations||University Grants Commission; Central Michigan University, MI, USA|
East Delta University (Bengali: ইস্ট ডেল্টা বিশ্ববিদ্যালয়) or (EDU) is a private university located at Agrabad, in Chittagong, Bangladesh. It received the government's license in 2006 and started its academic operation in February 2008.
East Delta University offers both undergraduate and post graduate programs. The University is approved by the Government of Bangladesh as well the Bangladesh University Grants Commission (UGC) under the private University rules of Bangladesh. It is governed by the East Delta University Trust, a subsidiary of Chittagong Foundation, an independent and non-partisan social welfare organization.
- 1 Programs offered by the University
- 1.1 School of Business
- 1.2 School of Liberal Arts and Social Science
- 1.3 School of Science, Engineering & Technology
- 2 References
- 3 External links
Programs offered by the University
The University will limit itself to offering four-year bachelor degree in a limited number of subjects along with its major focus on Master of Business Administration and MA in Economics taught by distinguished international faculties.
Initial Degree Offerings:
School of Business
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)*
Under the unique agreement signed between EDU and Central Michigan University, Michigan, EDU's MBA students from 2012 can opt to transfer their credits to CMU and finish the remaining credits, i.e., at least 24 credit hours at CMU, at the end of their first year.
School of Liberal Arts and Social Science
Department of Economics
- Bachelor of Arts (Hons.) in Economics
- Master of Arts (MA) in Economics
Department of English
- Bachelor of Arts (Hons.) in English
School of Science, Engineering & Technology
Department of Computer Science & Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science & Engineering (CSE)
Department of Electrical & Electronic Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical & Electronic Engineering (EEE)
Department of Electronic & Telecommunication Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Electronic & Telecommunication Engineering (ETE)
Medium of Instruction
English is the medium of instruction.