East English Village
East English Village, Michigan
|East English Village|
Typical residential homes in East English Village
|Country||United States of America|
In 2006 the community campaigned for a revival grant that would be granted in 2007. By 2011 the Detroit Land Bank Authority (DLBA) used Neighborhood Stabilization Program funds to purchase foreclosed houses in East English Village, and a home tour of these houses was conducted before year's end.
CNN and Money stated in 2012 that "Detroit's East English Village is a well-kept neighborhood of tree-lined streets". In Curbed Detroit's 2016 Curbed Cup, East English Village was voted "Best Neighborhood in Detroit". 
East English Village is north of Grosse Pointe. Housing styles include bungalows, Cape Cod houses, colonial houses, and Tudor houses. In 1999 The Detroit News said that East English Village had "emerged as one of Detroit's most desirable neighborhoods" in Detroit because the houses were relatively inexpensive.
Government and infrastructure
The East English Village Association is the community association.
- "Motor City Mapping".
- "East English Village Map".
- "Village's homes offer a lot for moneyLocation, safety make East English Village attractive." The Detroit News. September 30, 1999. Retrieved on February 28, 2013. "DETROIT -- East English Village has emerged as one of Detroit's most desirable neighborhoods. Reason: More value for the homebuyer's buck. Consider a three-bedroom colonial with hardwood floors and leaded glass windows recently advertised at $129,000. How about a three-bedroom brick bungalow with hardwood floors down the street from Jay Aho for $109,000? Aho is the newly-elected president of the East English Village Association on the city's[...]"
- Bello, Marisol. "EAST ENGLISH VILLAGE EAGER FOR REVIVAL GRANT." Detroit Free Press. December 31, 2006. News p. B3. Retrieved on February 28, 2013. "East English Village is poised for a makeover in 2007 that residents and merchants hope will turn the neighborhood, one of Detroit's most stable, into a premier[...]" and "Residents and business owners want to use the grant from the mayor's Office of Neighborhood Commercial Revitalization to renovate storefronts, install more lighting, improve parking, hire a private security company and create more green space on Warren."
- "Detroit’s English Village Hosts Home Tour." CBS Detroit. October 8, 2011. Retrieved on February 28, 2013.
- Fleming, Leonard M. "Detroit offers cops incentives to buy homes in the city." The Detroit News. February 8, 2011. Retrieved on February 28, 2013.
- "East English Village in Detroit." Money/CNN. Retrieved on February 28, 2013.
- Runyan, Robin (2017-01-04). "The 2016 Curbed Cup Winner is ... East English Village!". Curbed Detroit. Retrieved 2017-01-04.
- "4.-Kettering-High-School-Kettering-West-Wing.pdf." ( Archived 2012-11-01 at WebCite) Detroit Public Schools. p. 2. Retrieved on November 1, 2012. "Fisher Building – 14th Floor 3011 W. Grand Boulevard Detroit, MI 48202-2710"
- "East English Village Preparatory Academy." ( Archived 2012-11-01 at WebCite) Detroit Public Schools. Retrieved on November 1, 2012.