East Fork Township, Clinton County, Illinois
|East Fork Township|
Location in Clinton County
Clinton County's location in Illinois
|Established||November 4, 1873|
|• Total||37.62 sq mi (97.4 km2)|
|• Land||31.58 sq mi (81.8 km2)|
|• Water||6.04 sq mi (15.6 km2) 16.06%|
|Elevation||476 ft (145 m)|
|• Density||12.7/sq mi (4.9/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|ZIP codes||62231, 62253, 62283 62882|
|GNIS feature ID||0428931|
East Fork Township is one of fifteen townships in Clinton County, Illinois, USA. As of the 2010 census, its population was 400 and it contained 236 housing units. Its name changed to Morris on June 1, 1874 and then back to East Fork.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 37.62 square miles (97.4 km2), of which 31.58 square miles (81.8 km2) (or 83.94%) is land and 6.04 square miles (15.6 km2) (or 16.06%) is water.
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
The township contains these eight cemeteries: Brewster, Clark, Ebenezer, Hawkins, New Carter, Old Carter, Prairie Chapel and Prichett.
- Carlyle Community Unit School District 1
- Patoka Community Unit School District 100
- Sandoval Community Unit School District 501
- Illinois' 19th congressional district
- State House District 107
- State Senate District 54
- "East Fork Township, Clinton County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-01-10.
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles[permanent dead link]
- United States National Atlas
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
||Tamalco Township, Bond County||Pope Township, Fayette County||Patoka Township, Marion County|
|Irishtown Township||Carrigan Township, Marion County|
|Clement Township||Meridian Township|