East Geelong, Victoria
|Population||3,862 (2016 census)|
|• Density||1,246/km2 (3,230/sq mi)|
|Area||3.1 km2 (1.2 sq mi)|
|LGA(s)||City of Greater Geelong|
The 81-hectare Eastern Park is located in East Geelong. It is Geelong's premier regional park and an important recreation focus for central Geelong. The Geelong Botanic Gardens are located at its centre.
Heritage listed sites
East Geelong contains a number of heritage listed sites, including:
- 141 Ormond Road, Eastern Cemetery Gatehouse
- 1-55 Garden Street, Eastern Park and Geelong Botanic Gardens
- 1-55 Garden Street, First Geelong Customs House
- Hearne Parade, Limeburners Point Lime Kiln Complex
In the 2016 Census, there were 3,862 people in East Geelong. 82.4% of people were born in Australia. The next most common country of birth was England at 2.9%. 87.4% of people spoke only English at home. The most common responses for religion were No Religion 35.9%, Catholic 28.7% and Anglican 9.5%.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (27 June 2017). "East Geelong (State Suburb)". 2016 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 16 November 2017.
- Phoenix Auctions History, Post Office List, retrieved 4 March 2021
- "Geelong Botanic Gardens and Eastern Park". rushwright associates. Retrieved 6 November 2014.
- Golf Select, East Geelong, retrieved 11 May 2009
- "Eastern Cemetery Gatehouse (H1170)". Victorian Heritage Register. Heritage Victoria. Retrieved 4 July 2014.
- "Eastern Park & Geelong Botanic Gardens (H2095)". Victorian Heritage Register. Heritage Victoria. Retrieved 4 July 2014.
- "First Customs House (H0185)". Victorian Heritage Register. Heritage Victoria. Retrieved 4 July 2014.
- "Lime Kiln Complex (H1288)". Victorian Heritage Register. Heritage Victoria. Retrieved 4 July 2014.