East Glacier Park Village, Montana
|East Glacier Park, Montana|
Location of East Glacier Park, Montana
|• Total||4.4 sq mi (11.3 km2)|
|• Land||4.4 sq mi (11.3 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||4,823 ft (1,470 m)|
|• Density||90.9/sq mi (35.1/km2)|
|Time zone||Mountain (MST) (UTC-7)|
|• Summer (DST)||MDT (UTC-6)|
|GNIS feature ID||1867336|
East Glacier Park is located at (48.443909, -113.221540).
According to the United States Census Bureau, the CDP has a total area of 4.4 square miles (11 km2), all of it land.
As of the census of 2000, there were 396 people, 148 households, and 101 families residing in the CDP. The population density was 90.9 people per square mile (35.1/km²). There were 219 housing units at an average density of 50.3 per square mile (19.4/km²). The racial makeup of the CDP was 43.43% White, 0.25% African American, 51.77% Native American, 1.26% from other races, and 3.28% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 0.76% of the population.
There were 148 households out of which 35.1% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 50.7% were married couples living together, 14.2% had a female householder with no husband present, and 31.1% were non-families. 23.0% of all households were made up of individuals and 4.1% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.68 and the average family size was 3.27.
In the CDP the population was spread out with 32.1% under the age of 18, 5.6% from 18 to 24, 28.8% from 25 to 44, 26.5% from 45 to 64, and 7.1% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 36 years. For every 100 females there were 93.2 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 92.1 males.
The median income for a household in the CDP was $37,417, and the median income for a family was $39,250. Males had a median income of $32,250 versus $27,917 for females. The per capita income for the CDP was $17,318. About 14.3% of families and 14.1% of the population were below the poverty line, including 17.3% of those under age 18 and 26.8% of those age 65 or over.
- East Glacier Park (Amtrak station) - The Amtrak station is open seasonally during the spring, summer and fall. During the winter the stop is at Browning, Montana, just east of East Glacier Village.
- Glacier Park International Airport (FCA) at Kalispell is the closest Montana airport, about a 1½ hr drive.
- Calgary International Airport (YYC) is about 3½ to 4 hours away. Calgary has many direct flights from within Canada, the USA & Mexico. There are also seasonal flights from Europe (London, Manchester, Paris, Amsterdam, Frankfurt, Zurich) as well as Tokyo and Seoul.
- Between East Glacier Montana and Calgary/Banff year-round charter van service is available with Airport Shuttle Express of Calgary for those looking for a one way transfer.
- Glacier Park Transport offer a shuttle service FROM East Glacier TO Waterton National Park in Canada.
- Avis Rent A Car has a seasonal office in East Glacier as does Dollar.