East Gwillimbury GO Station
845 Green Lane East, |
East Gwillimbury, Ontario
|Platforms||1 side platform|
|Structure type||Brick station building|
|Station code||GO Transit: GWIL|
|Opened||1 November 2004|
East Gwillimbury GO Station is a train and bus station in the GO Transit network located in East Gwillimbury, Ontario, Canada. It is a stop on the Barrie line train service. The station was opened on November 1, 2004.
East Gwillimbury station has weekday train service consisting of 10 trains southbound to Union Station in the morning, 1 train northbound to Bradford in the early afternoon, 7 trains northbound to Barrie in the afternoon and 2 trains northbound to Bradford in the evening and night. At other times, GO bus route 68 operates hourly between Barrie Bus Terminal and Aurora GO Station, where passengers can connect to the all-day train service to Toronto.
Weekend train service consists of 3 trains southbound to Union station in the morning and 3 trains returning northbound in the afternoon and evening. At other times, the station is served by GO bus route 68 which operates hourly between Barrie Bus Terminal and Aurora GO station, where passengers can transfer to the all-day weekend train service toward Toronto.
The station has a bus terminal located on the north side where GO Bus service supplements trains during the time when no trains are scheduled. York Region Transit (YRT) routes extend here from their regular termini during rush hours to connect with GO Trains.
- Platform 1: GO Transit extra
- Platform 2: GO Transit extra
- Platform 4: GO 68B, 68C northbound to Barrie Bus Terminal
- Platform 8: GO 66, 66A Southbound to Yorkdale Bus Terminal via Newmarket Bus Terminal
- Platform 9: GO 65 southbound to Union Station Bus Terminal via Newmarket Bus Terminal
- Platform 9: GO 65F southbound to Union Station Bus Terminal
- Platform 9: GO 65 southbound to Union Station Bus Terminal via Aurora GO Station
- Platform 9: GO 68C southbound to Aurora GO Station
- Platform 11: Unassigned
- Platform 12: GO 65 southbound to Union Station Bus Terminal via Newmarket Bus Terminal
- Platform 14: YRT 58 Mount Albert
- Platform 15: YRT 52 Holland Landing, YRT 54 Bayview
- "Media Advisory - GO welcomes customers to its new East Gwillimbury station next Monday morning". Canada Newswire. 2005. Archived from the original on 2005-11-28. Retrieved 2006-06-09..
- "Barrie Line 2018" (PDF). GO Transit. 30 December 2017. Retrieved 30 December 2017.
Media related to East Gwillimbury GO Station at Wikimedia Commons