East Gwillimbury GO Station
|Location||845 Green Lane East,
|Platforms||1 side platform|
|Structure type||Brick station building|
|Station code||GO Transit: GWIL|
|Opened||1 November 2004|
East Gwillimbury GO Station is a train and bus station in the GO Transit network located in East Gwillimbury, Ontario, Canada. It is a stop on the Barrie line train service. The station was opened on November 1, 2004.
East Gwillimbury station has weekday train service consisting of 5 trains southbound to Union Station in the morning, and 7 trains returning northbound to Allandale Waterfront Station in the afternoon. At other times, GO bus route 65 operates to and from Union Station every half hour.
Weekend train service consists of 3 trains southbound to Union station in the morning and 3 trains returning northbound in the evening. At other times, the station is served by GO bus route 68 which operates between Barrie Bus Terminal and Aurora GO station, where passengers can transfer to the all-day weekend train service toward Toronto.
The station has a bus terminal located on the north side where GO Bus service supplements trains during the time when no trains are scheduled. York Region Transit (YRT) routes extend here from their regular termini during rush hours to connect with GO Trains.
- Platform 1: GO Transit extra
- Platform 2: GO Transit extra
- Platform 3: GO 68B northbound to Barrie Bus Terminal
- Platform 11: Unassigned
- Platform 12: GO 65 southbound to Union Station Bus Terminal via Newmarket Bus Terminal
- Platform 14: YRT 58 Mount Albert, YRT 50 Queensway
- Platform 15: YRT 52 Holland Landing, YRT 54 Bayview
- "Media Advisory - GO welcomes customers to its new East Gwillimbury station next Monday morning". Canada Newswire. 2005. Archived from the original on 2005-11-28. Retrieved 2006-06-09..
- "Barrie Line 2017 Schedule" (PDF). GO Transit. 31 December 2016. Retrieved 25 December 2016.
Media related to East Gwillimbury GO Station at Wikimedia Commons
|This article about a railway station in Ontario is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|