East Gwillimbury GO Station
|Location||845 Green Lane East,
|Platforms||1 side platform|
|Structure type||Brick station building|
|Station code||GO Transit: GWIL|
|Opened||1 November 2004|
East Gwillimbury GO Station is a train and bus station in the GO Transit network located in East Gwillimbury, Ontario, Canada. It is a stop on the Barrie line train service. The station was opened on November 1, 2004.
The Barrie line has a weekday service consisting of seven trains southbound from Allandale Waterfront GO Station in Barrie to Union Station in Toronto, and seven trains northbound from Union Station in the afternoon.
Weekend service is also provided all day in both directions during summer months. Between June 29, 2013 and September 2, 2013, the service consists of four trains in each direction between Allandale Waterfront Station and Union Station.
The station has a bus terminal located on the north side where GO Bus service supplements trains during the time when no trains are scheduled. York Region Transit (YRT) routes extend here from their regular termini during rush hours to connect with GO Trains.
- Platform 1: GO Transit extra
- Platform 2: GO Transit extra
- Platform 3: GO 68B northbound to Barrie Bus Terminal
- Platform 11: Unassigned
- Platform 12: GO 65 southbound to Union Station Bus Terminal via Newmarket Bus Terminal
- Platform 14: YRT 58 Mount Albert, YRT 50 Queensway
- Platform 15: YRT 52 Holland Landing
- "Media Advisory - GO welcomes customers to its new East Gwillimbury station next Monday morning". Canada Newswire. 2005. Retrieved 2006-06-09..
- "Barrie Line Seasonal Schedule" (PDF). GO Transit. Retrieved 2013-06-06.
Media related to East Gwillimbury GO Station at Wikimedia Commons
|This article about a railway station in Ontario is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|