East High School (Duluth, Minnesota)
This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (March 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Duluth East High School|
301 North 40th Avenue East
|Number of students||1,506 (2015-16)|
|Color(s)||Red and Grey|
East High School is a public secondary school in Duluth, Minnesota. It educates students in grades nine through twelve. It first opened its doors in 1927 as a junior high school. In 1950, it became a senior high school to serve the growing student population.
Duluth East High School employs a schedule that allows students to take six 50-minute classes a day. It also offers an optional zero hour, for students to take a schedule of seven classes. There are limited options for taking zero hour courses, and they are held before the official start of the school day.
Duluth East High School offers many courses to serve its students. These courses include Advanced Placement (AP) classes, Post Secondary Enrollment Options (PSEO), vocational classes, special education, honors, and basic classes.
As part of the Duluth Public Schools "Red Plan," East High School was moved into the renovated and expanded Ordean Middle School building in 2011. Ordean East Middle School was moved into the former East High School building located at 2900 East Fourth Street.
Several extracurricular activities are available to students. These activities include athletic teams, clubs and organizations, and academic teams.
Clubs and organizations
- American Field Service (AFS)
- Anime Club
- Birch Log (yearbook staff)
- Book Club
- Cake Baking Club
- Debate Team
- Duluth East Japanese & Anime Organization 
- Executive Board
- Fellowship of Jewish Athletes (founded 1995)
- Film Club
- Friends of Rachel Club
- Gay-Straight Alliance (GSA)
- GREEN Club
- Greyhound Volleyball Booster Club
- Grill Team
- Harry Potter Club
- Hound Pack
- Intramural sports
- Jazz Band
- Key Club
- Knitting Club
- Knowledge Bowl
- Math Team
- National Honor Society
- Odyssey of the Mind
- Reading Club
- Robotics: Duluth East Daredevils FRC FIRST Robotics Team 2512
- Speech Team
- Scott Anderson Leadership Team (SALT)
- Smash Club
- Société National Honoraire de Français
- Spanish Club
- Sterling Strings
- Student Forum
- The Greyhound (school newspaper)
- Hollingsworth, Jana. "Duluth school district gets four new principals". Duluth News Tribune. Duluth News Tribune and Forum Communications Company. Retrieved 12 August 2016.
- "About Us: Welcome to Duluth East". Duluth East High School. Retrieved 12 August 2016.
- History of East High School Archived 2007-04-03 at the Wayback Machine
- DEJAO | Duluth East Japanese & Anime Organization