East Hills railway station
South-west bound view in December 2012
|Location||Park Road, East Hills|
|Operated by||Sydney Trains|
|Distance||24.03 kilometres from Central|
|Platforms||3 (1 island, 1 side)|
|Opened||21 December 1931|
A new station was built south-east of the original station as part of the extension opening in August 1987 with the original station closed and demolished. Following the extension, East Hills became the main intermediate terminus and an interchange point between all stops and limited stops trains. In addition to the two through tracks (platforms 2 and 3), a side terminating track (platform 1) was provided. A new centre turnback at Revesby opened in 2009 as part of the Rail Clearways Program, which ended East Hills' role as the primary intermediate terminus.
Platforms & services
|1||morning peak-hour terminating services to & from Central & the City Circle via the Airport|||
|2||services to Central & the City Circle via the Airport
morning peak services to Central & the City Circle via Sydenham
|3||services to Campbelltown & Macarthur|||
Transdev NSW operate three routes to and from East Hills station:
- 922: to Bankstown Centre via Milperra
- 924: to Bankstown Central via Revesby
- 925: to Lidcombe station
- N40: to City (Town Hall)
- East Hills Station NSWrail.net
- "East Hills - Glenfield Line Opens" Railway Digest February 1988 page 50
- "East Hills" Railway Digest November 1987 page 365
- "T2: Airport line timetable" (PDF). Sydney Trains. 20 October 2013 [amended January 2015].
- "Routes 922 and S5 timetable" (PDF). Transdev NSW. 27 April 2015.
- "Routes 923 and 924 timetable" (PDF). Transdev NSW. 27 April 2015.
- "Route 925 timetable" (PDF). Transdev NSW. 27 April 2015.
- NightRide bus services Archived 15 February 2015 at the Wayback Machine. Transport Info NSW