East India (disambiguation)
(Redirected from East Indian)Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Look up East Indian in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
East India is a region of India consisting of the states of West Bengal, Bihar, Jharkhand, and Orissa.
East India may also refer to:
- East Indies, a term used by Europeans from the 16th century onwards to identify what is now known as South Asia and Southeastern Asia
- East India Company, an English joint-stock company founded in 1600
- East India Docks, a small group of docks in the Blackwall area of East London
- East India DLR station, a railway station in East London
East Indian may also refer to:
- East Indians, a Marathi-speaking, Roman Catholic ethnic group in Mumbai
- East Indian language is the dialect of Marathi, spoken by East Indians people in Mumbai
- East Indians, a term used in North America to refer to Asian Indians, in order to distinguish them from Native Americans who are sometimes referred to as Indians
- Indian Americans, residents of the United States descended from migrants from the Indian subcontinent
- Indo-Canadians, residents of Canada descended from migrants from the Indian subcontinent
- Indo-Caribbeans, residents of Caribbean countries descended from migrants from the Indian subcontinent
- Indian subcontinent
- Dutch East India Company, founded in 1603
- French East India Company, founded in 1664
- Swedish East India Company, founded in 1731
- Portuguese East India Company, founded in 1628
- Dutch East Indies, the Dutch colony that became modern Indonesia following World War II
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title East India.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.