East Jesus Nowhere
|"East Jesus Nowhere"|
|Single by Green Day|
|from the album 21st Century Breakdown|
|Released||October 19, 2009|
|Format||Digital download, CD single|
|Genre||Punk rock, alternative rock|
|Songwriter(s)||Billie Joe Armstrong, Mike Dirnt, and Tré Cool|
|Producer(s)||Butch Vig and Green Day|
|Green Day singles chronology|
"East Jesus Nowhere" is a song by the American rock band Green Day. The single was released October 19, 2009. It was released as the third single from their eighth album 21st Century Breakdown. The title is derived from a phrase in the 2007 film Juno.
The music video was released on September 17, 2009. It shows a montage of live concert footage and pictures from their 21st Century Breakdown World Tour. The video is longer by about 30 seconds, because the bridge of the song is extended, although the studio version of the song is still used instead of a live version. The music video was directed by Chris Dugan and M. Douglas Silverstein.
|Canadian Hot 100||71|
|UK Rock Chart||10|
|US Billboard Alternative Songs||17|
|US Billboard Rock Songs||24|
|US Billboard Hot Mainstream Rock Tracks||32|
- Billie Joe Armstrong – lead vocals, guitar
- Mike Dirnt – bass guitar, backing vocals
- Tré Cool – drums, percussion
- 17 min 25 sec ago. (September 25, 2009). "Green Day Single News | News | Clash Magazine". Clashmusic.com. Retrieved March 22, 2013.
- "Billie Joe Armstrong Goes Nuts for Robert Pattinson, Obama and 'Rock of Love' – Spinner". Spinner. April 17, 2009. Archived from the original on October 6, 2009. Retrieved March 22, 2013.
- Fricke, David (May 28, 2009). "Green Day Fights On". Rolling Stone. p. 50.
- "Green Day – "East Jesus Nowhere"". MTV. October 9, 2009. Retrieved March 29, 2010.