East Keating Township, Clinton County, Pennsylvania
|East Keating Township,
Round Island Run Falls within Sproul State Forest
Location in Clinton County and the state of Pennsylvania.
|• Total||51.4 sq mi (133.1 km2)|
|• Land||50.7 sq mi (131.2 km2)|
|• Water||0.7 sq mi (1.9 km2)|
|• Density||0.3/sq mi (0.1/km2)|
East Keating Township is a township in Clinton County, Pennsylvania, United States. The population was 11 at the 2010 census, the second smallest municipality in terms of population in Pennsylvania behind Centralia.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the township has a total area of 51.4 square miles (133.1 km2), of which 50.6 square miles (131.1 km2) is land and 0.73 square miles (1.9 km2), or 1.40%, is water.
As of the census of 2000, there were 24 people, 13 households, and 7 families residing in the township. The population density was 0.5 people per square mile (0.2/km²). There were 145 housing units at an average density of 2.9/sq mi (1.1/km²). The racial makeup of the township was 100.00% White.
There were 13 households, out of which 7.7% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 61.5% were married couples living together, and 38.5% were non-families. 38.5% of all households were made up of individuals, and 15.4% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 1.85 and the average family size was 2.38.
In the township the population was spread out, with 4.2% under the age of 18, 4.2% from 18 to 24, 8.3% from 25 to 44, 62.5% from 45 to 64, and 20.8% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 54 years. For every 100 females there were 166.7 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 187.5 males.
The median income for a household in the township was $24,375, and the median income for a family was $24,375. Males had a median income of $48,750 versus $0 for females. The per capita income for the township was $13,047. None of the population and none of the families were below the poverty line.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Census Summary File 1 (G001): East Keating township, Clinton County, Pennsylvania". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved May 15, 2015.
- "Census 2010: Pennsylvania". USA Today. Retrieved May 5, 2013.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 2013-09-11. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Clinton County Comprehensive Plan" (PDF). Clinton County, Pennsylvania. Retrieved 2007-09-19.
- "Population Change 1990–2000: Pennsylvania". Pennsylvania State Data Center. Archived from the original on 2007-11-17. Retrieved 2007-09-19.