East Lansing High School
|East Lansing High School|
The front of the school in September 2015
509 Burcham Drive|
East Lansing, Michigan 48823
|School district||East Lansing Public Schools|
|Color(s)||Navy and white|
The school is located about a mile north of the Michigan State University campus. Construction started in 1956, with the school opening in September 1959. The previous high school building is now the Hannah Community Center. Since 2000, the school has undergone remodeling with the addition of several new wings and restoration of the old ones. The construction was completed in summer 2005, and the remodeled school was dedicated in September 2005.
On June 21, 2017, Andrew Wells (ELHS class of 1976) was named principal, replacing Colby Fletcher.
The school district that is now East Lansing Public Schools was established in 1900, seven years before the city of East Lansing itself. All grade levels were taught in the original Central School, which was built in 1901. When that building burned down in 1916, classes were held in the old Peoples Church building until a second Central School could be built.
The first high school building was completed in 1926 at 819 Abbott Road. When the current high school building opened in 1959, the former school became the East Lansing Junior High School. It closed for renovation in 1968, and reopened as the John A. Hannah Middle School. The building is now a community center.
- U.S. News & World Report Silver Medal in Best High Schools for 2008, 2009 and 2010, designated for schools rated in the top 3% of high schools in the United States.
- In 2009, Newsweek ranked East Lansing High School as the 7th best high school in the state of Michigan.
- East Lansing High School's yearbook Ceniad has won the National Pacemaker Award from the National Scholastic Press Association seven times, in 1997, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2004 and 2007.
- Spencer Abraham: former U.S. Senator and U.S. Secretary of Energy.
- Amy (Taran) Astley: editor-in-chief of Architectural Digest as of May 2016.
- Charles Bachman: computer scientist.
- Judi Brown(-King): athlete, silver medalist in 400m hurdles in 1984 Summer Olympics.
- Jeff Brubaker: WHA and NHL ice hockey player.
- Timothy Busfield: actor.
- Ralph Evans: concert violinist.
- Sam Green: filmmaker.
- Daniel Gross: author and journalist.
- Matt Hubbard: music producer and musician.
- Lela Ivey: actress.
- Brad Jones: American football linebacker for the Green Bay Packers.
- Martin Kierszenbaum: songwriter and music producer
- Randy Kinder: NFL player for the Green Bay Packers and Philadelphia Eagles.
- Steve Maidlow: NFL player for the Cincinnati Bengals and Buffalo Bills.
- Todd Martin: tennis player.
- Julie Mehretu: artist.
- Drew Miller: professional ice hockey winger for the Detroit Red Wings.
- Ryan Miller: NHL ice hockey player
- Taylor Nichols: actor.
- Robert Neller: 37th Commandant of the Marine Corps.
- Larry Page: CEO and co-founder of Google Inc.
- Ben Poquette: NBA player.
- Eric B. Schoomaker: lieutenant general and 42nd Surgeon General of the United States Army and Commanding General, United States Army Medical Command.
- Peter J. Schoomaker: four-star general and 35th Chief of Staff of the United States Army.
- Nate Silver: sabermetrician who invented PECOTA, editor in chief of FiveThirtyEight
- Larisa Spielberg: U.S. pairs figure skating bronze medalist in 2000.
- Jeremy Turner: composer and musician.
- Farah Stockman: Pulitzer Prize winner in Commentary, 2016. 
The East Lansing High School mascot (male and female) is Troy the Trojan. Depending on sport, the main rival has variously been the Okemos Chieftains, Lansing Eastern Quakers, Holt Rams or Grand Ledge Comets.
- 1936 State Class B Tennis Champion
- 1936 State Class B Golf Champion
- 1938 State Class B Tennis Champion
- 1940 State Class B Track & Field Champion
- 1941 State Class B Track & Field Champion
- 1941 State Class B Golf Champion
- 1948 State Class B Golf Champion
- 1951 State Class B Tennis Champion
- 1958 State Class B Basketball
- 1959 State Class B-C-D Swimming & Diving Champion
- 1967 State Class A Cross Country
- 1981 State Open Class Skiing Champion
- 1983 State Class A Golf Champion
- 1987 State Class A Soccer Champion
- 1987 State Class A Swimming & Diving Champion
- 1991 State Class A Football
- 1993 State Class A Golf Champion
- 1998 State Class A Track & Field Champion
- 2000 State Division II Golf Champion
- 2002 State Division 2 Soccer Champion
- 2005 State Division 2 Soccer Champion
- 2007 State Division 2 Tennis Champion
- 2008 State Division 2 Tennis Champion
- 2011 State Division 2 Track & Field Champion
- 2013 State Division 2 Soccer Champion
- 2014 State Division 2 Soccer Champion
- 1973 State Open Class Swimming Champion
- 1974 State Open Class Swimming Champion
- 1975 State Open Class Swimming Champion
- 1975 State Division 2 Tennis Champion
- 1976 State Class A Swimming & Diving Champion
- 1977 State Class A Swimming & Diving Champion
- 1978 State Class A Swimming & Diving Champion
- 1987 State Open Class Golf Champion
- 1992 State Class A Golf Champion
- 1997 State Division 2 Tennis Champion
- 2009 State Division 2 Track & Field Champion
- 2010 State Class A Basketball Champion
- 2011 State Division 2 Track & Field Champion
- 2010 Enrollment per Newsweek[dead link]
- Forsyth, Kevin S. "East Lansing – Central School". A Brief History of East Lansing, Michigan. Retrieved October 12, 2008.
- "Highlights of East Lansing's First 100 years, 1907–2007". City of East Lansing. Archived from the original on October 13, 2008. Retrieved October 12, 2008.
- Newsweek Best High Schools
- "Architectural Digest - Editor In Chief". CondeNast. May 2016.
- IMDB Timothy Busfield
- IMDB Sam Green
- Gross senior editor and columnist at Newsweek Archived April 1, 2009, at the Wayback Machine.
- IMDB Lela Ivey
- Drew Miller, Red Wings - Stats - NHL.com - Players
- IMDB Taylor Nichols
- Palmer, Ken (July 24, 2015). "East Lansing native set to become top U.S. Marine". Lansing State Journal. Retrieved 24 March 2017.
-  Retrieved June 16, 2017.
- *Derek Wallbank, "E.L. native's predictions pitch politics a curveball: Applying baseball stats analysis creates buzz around 30-year-old", Lansing State Journal, July 5, 2008.
- Stein, Joel. "The World's Most Influential People – The 2009 TIME 100". Time. Retrieved May 8, 2009.
- Team Champions | Boys Tennis | MHSAA Sports
- Boys Golf | MHSAA Sports
- Team Champions | Boys Track & Field | MHSAA Sports
- Yearly Champions | Boys Basketball | MHSAA Sports
- Team Champions | Boys Swimming & Diving | MHSAA Sports
- Team Champions | Boys Cross Country | MHSAA Sports
- Yearly Champions | Boys Skiing | MHSAA Sports
- Yearly Champions | Boys Soccer | MHSAA Sports
- Yearly Champions | Football | MHSAA Sports
- MHSAA Tournament Brackets
- Team Champions | Girls Swimming & Diving | MHSAA Sports
- Team Champions | Girls Tennis | MHSAA Sports
- Girls golf
- Team Champions | Girls Track & Field | MHSAA Sports
- Yearly Champions | Girls Basketball | MHSAA Sports