Docklands & East London Advertiser
|Circulation||6917 (January 2010)|
The Docklands & East London Advertiser is a weekly local newspaper in east London, England covering primarily the borough of Tower Hamlets. It was formed in late 2011 by Archant's merging of The Dockland and the East London Advertiser. The East London Advertiser was founded in 1866 and had been owned by Archant since 2003.
In June 2008 the East London Advertiser scooped two awards at the annual UK Press Gazette Regional Press Awards. It was named Weekly Paper of the Year (Circulation less than 20,000) and its deputy editor, Ted Jeory, was named Reporter of the Year (Weeklies), partly for his expose of the First Solution Money Transfer crisis in 2007.
- "East London Advertiser". Media UK. Retrieved 7 August 2013.
- "Story of East London Advertiser, 1866-2008". 2 July 2008. Retrieved 7 August 2013.
- "East London Advertiser Product Page". ABC. Retrieved 7 August 2013.
- "East London weeklies to merge next month". HoldtheFrontPage. 27 October 2011. Retrieved 17 November 2012.
- "Press Gazette Regional Press Awards 2008: The winners" Press Gazette. Accessed 12 November 32016
|This English newspaper–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|