East Oakland Township, Coles County, Illinois
|East Oakland Township|
Location in Coles County
Coles County's location in Illinois
|Established||November 8, 1859|
|• Total||39.33 sq mi (101.9 km2)|
|• Land||39.25 sq mi (101.7 km2)|
|• Water||0.08 sq mi (0.2 km2) 0.20%|
|Elevation||659 ft (201 m)|
|• Estimate (2016)||1,369|
|• Density||35.4/sq mi (13.7/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|ZIP codes||61912, 61943|
East Oakland Township is one of twelve townships in Coles County, Illinois, USA. As of the 2010 census, its population was 1,388 and it contained 663 housing units. The township changed its name from Oakland Township on May 7, 1860.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 39.33 square miles (101.9 km2), of which 39.25 square miles (101.7 km2) (or 99.80%) is land and 0.08 square miles (0.21 km2) (or 0.20%) is water.
Cities, towns, villages
The township contains six cemeteries: Bell, Berry, Fairview, Oak Grove, Rosedale and Shields.
- Illinois' 15th congressional district
- State House District 110
- State Senate District 55
- "East Oakland Township, Coles County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-01-10.
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States National Atlas
- "Population and Housing Unit Estimates". Retrieved June 9, 2017.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Retrieved June 4, 2016.
||Sargent Township, Douglas County|
|Morgan Township||Embarrass Township, Edgar County|
|Ashmore Township||Kansas Township, Edgar County|