East St. Louis School District 189
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (July 2014)
The non-high school district 202, which included the elementary school districts 182 and 184, was dissolved in July 1956. The area from this district was divided between the East St. Louis school district and the Cahokia Unit School District 187, and therefore the East St. Louis district took students of all grade levels from the former 202 district. The East St. Louis district received around 66% of the students and around 66% of the District 182's assessed valuation. The East St. Louis acquired the three District 182 elementary schools: JMD Brown, Garrison, and LaFayette. The Cahokia district received the remaining students and assessed valuation.
Schools are located in the city of East St. Louis unless otherwise noted.
- Lincoln Middle School
- Mason-Clark Middle School
- Avant Elementary School (Washington Park)
- Bush Elementary School
- Dunbar Elementary School
- Officer Elementary School
- Wright Elementary School
- Vivian Adams Early Childhood Center
- Wyvetter Younge Alternative Center
- James E. Williams Sr. Learning Center
Hawthorne Elementary School
- Rock Junior High School
- Hughes-Quinn Junior High
- Manners Elementary School (Washington Park)
- Neely Elementary School (Alorton)
- Woodrow Wilson Elementary School (Washington Park)
- Nelson Mandela Elementary School (East St. Louis)
- Jackson Math & Science Academy
- Lilly Freeman Elementary School
- King Jr. High School
- Kennedy Elementary
- Bluff View Elementary
- Lansdowne Jr. High School
- Alta Sita Elementary
- Miles Davis Elementary
- Longfellow Elementary
- "District History" (Archive). Cahokia Unit School District 187. Retrieved on July 7, 2014.
- School Administrators - East St. Louis Public Schools. Retrieved August 4, 2009.
- "Avant Elementary School Archived 2008-12-03 at the Wayback Machine." East St. Louis School District. Retrieved on April 1, 2010.
- "Washington Park village, Illinois Archived 2011-06-06 at the Wayback Machine." U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved on April 1, 2010.
- "Schools." East St. Louis School District. Retrieved on April 1, 2010.
- "Alorton village, Illinois[permanent dead link]." U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved on January 24, 2011.
- "Schools." East St. Louis School District 189.February 28, 2001. Retrieved on January 24, 2011. "Neely 4400 Grand Ave."