East Surrey College
|This article does not cite any sources. (March 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Acting Principal & CEO||Jayne Dickinson|
|DfE URN||130824 Tables|
East Surrey College is situated in the town of Redhill, a busy shopping and commercial centre for surrounding small towns. The College has over 1,100 full-time students and more than 9,000 part-time students; studying courses that range from vocational qualifications to community leisure courses.
- Learning for School Leavers
- Full-Time and Part-Time Vocational Learning
- Learning for Leisure
- Informal Adult Community Learning
East Surrey College provides a comprehensive range of short leisure courses taught in venues throughout East Surrey. It also offers a wide range of part-time and full-time courses that lead to professional qualifications in a variety of subjects and sectors.
Full-time, part-time and community learning subject areas include:
- Arts, Crafts, Design & Media
- Business, Information & Communications
- Computing ICT
- Creative Arts, Fitness & Recreation
- Culture & History
- Engineering & Electronics
- Floristry & Horticulture
- Food & Drink
- Hair, Beauty & Holistic Therapies
- Health, Social Care & Early Years
- Languages & Teaching
- Literature & Culture
- Motor Vehicle
- Public Services
- Skills for Life
- Supported Learning
- Travel, Tourism & Airline Operations
The College maintains strong working relationships with local businesses, professional organisations, local schools and other providers of post-16 education.
- A team of fully trained advisers are available within the Client Services Department
- Learning Support Services
- Visual Impairment Support Services—East Surrey College, in partnership with the RNIB, delivers a Visual Impairment Support Service.
- The Learning Resource Centre provides learners with resources suitable for their studies.
- The "Escape" Hair, Beauty and Holistic Therapy Salon is open to the public and provides a variety of treatments and services; Call 01737 788350 to find out more.
- The Reigate School of Art, Design & Media Studios provide an environment for students to produce and display their work. The multimedia suites have industry standard Apple Macs with the latest graphic software and technology. The department also encourage students to gain valuable practical experience through their strong links with local companies and industry bodies such as JAMES and the Music Producers Guild.
East Surrey College opened its new campus facilities in September 2010.