East Surrey College
This article does not cite any sources. (March 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|East Surrey College ( ESC )|
|Department for Education URN||130824 Tables|
|Principal & CEO||Jayne Dickinson|
|Age||14 to 16+|
East Surrey College is a general Further education college situated in the town of Redhill, Surrey. The College has over 2,000 full-time students and more than 2,600 part-time students; studying courses that range from vocational qualifications to community leisure courses.
- Full-time Qualifications Courses
- Part-time Qualification Courses
- Adult Community Learning
- Higher Education
Subject areas include:
- Applied Science
- Arts, Crafts, Design & Media
- Business, Information & Communications
- Computing ICT
- Construction: Bricklaying, Carpentry, Electrical Installation, Painting & Decorating and Plumbing
- Creative Arts, Fitness & Recreation
- ESOL & EFL
- Engineering & Electronics
- Fitness & Wellbeing
- Floristry & Horticulture
- Hair, Beauty & Holistic Therapies
- Health, Social Care & Early Years
- Home & Garden
- Motor Vehicle
- Public Services
- Skills for Life
- Supported Learning
- Travel, Tourism & Airline Operations
The College maintains working relationships with local businesses, professional organisations, local schools and other providers of post-16 education.
- A team of advisers are available within the Client Services Department
- Learning Support Services
- Visual Impairment Support Services. In partnership with the RNIB, the college delivers a Visual Impairment Support Service.
- The Learning Resource Centre provides learners with resources suitable for their studies.
- The "Escape" Hair, Beauty and Holistic Therapy Salon is open to the public and provides a variety of treatments and services
- The studios of the Reigate School of Art, Design & Media provide an environment for students to produce and display their work. The multi-media suites have Apple Macs with the latest graphic software and technology. The department also encourages students to gain practical experience through its links with local companies and industry bodies such as JAMES and the Music Producers Guild.
East Surrey College opened its new campus facilities in September 2010.