East Timorese presidential election, 2017
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|This article is part of a series on the|
politics and government of
Presidential elections were held in East Timor on 20 March 2017. Incumbent President Taur Matan Ruak, who was eligible for a second term, chose not to run for re-election. The result was a victory for Francisco Guterres of FRETILIN.
- José Neves (Independent), a former guerilla leader and was deputy commissioner of the Anti-Corruption Commission (Comissão Anti-Corrupção (CAC)) until July 2016.
- António da Conceição (Democratic Party)
- José Luís Guterres (Frenti-Mudança)
- Amorim Vieira (Independent)
- Luís Alves Tilman (Independent)
- Francisco Guterres (FRETILIN)
- Antonio Maher Lopes (Socialist Party of Timor)
- Ángela Freitas (Timorese Workers' Party)
|António da Conceição||Democratic Party||167,794||32.5|
|José Luís Guterres||Frenti-Mudança||13,513||2.6|
|Luís Alves Tilman||Independent||11,125||2.2|
|Antonio Maher Lopes||Socialist Party of Timor||9,102||1.8|
|Ángela Freitas||Timorese Workers' Party||4,353||0.8|
- East Timor to hold presidential poll in March Straits Times, 18 January 2017
- Francisco Guterres Lu-Olo eleito Presidente de Timor-Leste Expresso, 21 March 2017
- Democratic Republic of Timor-Leste IFES
- ""Samala-Rua" Deklara Kandidatura Ba Pezidenti Republika 2017-2022". SuaraTimorLorosae (in Tetum). Retrieved 27 December 2016.