East West Corridor
The East West Corridor is a Hong Kong MTR railway link that is part of the Sha Tin to Central Link project. As with the other parts of the Shatin-Central Link, it has been approved by the Executive Council of Hong Kong. It will link up the West Rail Line and Ma On Shan Line through the Shatin-Central Link (Hung Hom to Tai Wai section). Before the rail merger, services on the operational sections of the line were provided by the KCRC. Completion of the line is expected for 2019.
The following is a list of the stations on the East West Corridor.
|Livery and name||District||Connections||Opening date|
|East West Corridor|
|Wu Kai Sha||Sha Tin||21 December 2004|
|Ma On Shan|
|Tai Shui Hang|
|Sha Tin Wai|
|Che Kung Temple|
|Tai Wai||North South Corridor|
|Diamond Hill||Wong Tai Sin||Kwun Tong Line|
|Kai Tak||Kowloon City|
|Sung Wong Toi|
|To Kwa Wan|
|Ho Man Tin||Kwun Tong Line|
|Hung Hom||Yau Tsim Mong||North South Corridor
Through Train services to Mainland China
|30 November 1975[a]
being relocated 2019
|East Tsim Sha Tsui||Tsim Sha Tsui Station for Tsuen Wan Line||24 October 2004[b]|
|Austin||[c]||16 August 2009|
|Nam Cheong||Sham Shui Po||Tung Chung Line||20 December 2003|
|Mei Foo||Tsuen Wan Line|
|Tsuen Wan West||Tsuen Wan||[d]|
|Kam Sheung Road||Yuen Long||Northern Link (proposed)|
|Yuen Long||Yuen Long Stop for Light Rail 610 614 615 761P|
|Tin Shui Wai||Tin Shui Wai Stop for Light Rail 705 706 751 751P 761P|
|Siu Hong||Tuen Mun||Siu Hong Stop for Light Rail 505 610 614 614P 615 615P 751|
|Tuen Mun||Tuen Mun Stop for Light Rail 505 507 751|
- Originally opened as part of the Kowloon–Canton Railway.
- Originally opened as part of the East Rail Line.
- Kowloon Station of the Tung Chung Line and Airport Express and Austin Station of the West Rail Line are not physically connected. There is pedestrian transfer via a footbridge; the journey time is approximately 10 minutes on foot.
- Tsuen Wan West Station of the West Rail Line and Tsuen Wan Station of the Tsuen Wan Line are not physically linked, but green public light bus route 95K (free transfer with an immediate West Rail journey record on the Octopus card) connects the two stations. It normally takes 15-20 minutes to go to Tsuen Wan Station on foot.
- "Shatin to Central Link FAQ". MTR. Retrieved 2016-06-21.
|This MTR- or MTR Corporation-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|