Eastbrook railway station
|Local authority||Vale of Glamorgan|
|Managed by||Arriva Trains Wales|
|Number of platforms||2|
|Live arrivals/departures, station information and onward connections
from National Rail Enquiries
|Annual rail passenger usage*|
|24 November 1986||Opened|
|National Rail – UK railway stations|
|* Annual estimated passenger usage based on sales of tickets in stated financial year(s) which end or originate at Eastbrook from Office of Rail and Road statistics. Methodology may vary year on year.|
|UK Railways portal|
Eastbrook railway station is a railway station serving the Eastbrook area of Dinas Powys, a village near Cardiff, South Wales. It is located on the Vale of Glamorgan Line 3½ miles (5 km) south of Cardiff Central towards Bridgend (via Barry and Rhoose) and Barry Island.
The typical Monday-Saturday off-peak service from Eastbrook is:
- 2 tph which terminate at Merthyr Tydfil, calling at Cogan, Grangetown, Cardiff Central, Cardiff Queen Street, Cathays, Llandaf, Radyr, Taffs Well, Trefforest Estate, Trefforest, Pontypridd, Abercynon, Quakers Yard, Merthyr Vale, Troed-y-rhiw and Pentre-bach. This journey takes 76 minutes.
- 2 tph which terminate at Aberdare, calling at Cogan, Grangetown, Cardiff Central, Cardiff Queen Street, Cathays, Llandaf, Radyr, Taffs Well, Trefforest, Pontypridd, Abercynon, Penrhiwceiber, Mountain Ash, Fernhill and Cwmbach. This journey takes 78 minutes.
- 3 tph which terminate at Barry Island, calling at Dinas Powys, Cadoxton, Barry Docks and Barry. This journey takes 22 minutes.
- 1 tph which terminates at Bridgend, calling at Dinas Powys, Cadoxton, Barry Docks, Barry, Rhoose Cardiff International Airport and Llantwit Major. This journey takes 49 minutes.
This turns out to give 4 tph to Cardiff Central, Cardiff Queen Street and stations to Pontypridd (excluding Trefforest Estate) and 4 tph to Barry. In the evening, trains run every 30 minutes each way and on Sundays there are 2 tph to Barry Island, one every 2 hours to Bridgend and either two or three per hour to Cardiff.
- Table 130 National Rail timetable, May 2016
|Preceding station||National Rail||Following station|
|Cogan||Arriva Trains Wales