The region of Eastern Antioquia limits to the north with the Metropolitan Area of Medellín and with Northeastern Antioquia region. To the east the region borders with the Magdalena Medio Antioquia region, to the south with Caldas Department and to the west with a section of the Southwestern Antioquia region, covering a total area of 8,094 km², approximately 13% of the total area of Antioquia Department.
The region is covered by 23 municipalities being Guarne the closest to the city of Medellín located some 24 km away. The largest municipality of this region is Sonsón with a total area of 1,323 km² and the smallest one being the municipality of Argelia.
- Carmen de Viboral
- El Peñol
- La Ceja
- La Unión
- San Carlos
- San Francisco
- San Luis
- San Rafael
- San Vicente
The population in this region is distributed evenly between the urban and rural areas with 43% of the people living in the urban centers and 57% living in the countryside.
- Oriente Virtual: Comunidad del Oriente Antioqueño (Spanish)
- Corporación Empresarial del Oriente Antioqueño (Spanish)
- Incubadora de Empresas del Oriente Antioqueño (Spanish)
- Agencia para el Desarrollo Económico del Oriente Antioqueño (Spanish)
- Bilingual Tourism guide of Eastern Antioquia (Spanish)
|This Department of Antioquia location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|