Eastern Bank Ltd (Bangladesh)
|Traded as||DSE: EBL|
Number of employees
|Rating||Long-term foreign currency deposit rating of B1 (Moody's)|
Eastern Bank Limited (Bengali: ইস্টার্ন ব্যাংক লিমিটেড) is a private commercial bank headquartered in Dhaka, Bangladesh. It was established on August 8, 1992, as a public limited company with limited liability under the Bank Companies Act of 1991. Its share are listed in the Dhaka Stock Exchange and the Chittagong Stock Exchange. The bank provides products and services in retail banking, corporate finance, asset management, equity brokerage and security. It has 85 branches and 214 ATMs in Bangladesh and employs around 3000 employees.
Eastern Bank Limited is going to open its first overseas full-fledged branch in Calcutta, India. This branch in India will be its first foreign branch outside of Bangladesh. Presently, EBL has a subsidiary in Hong Kong named EBL Finance (HK) Limited and a representative office in Myanmar. EBL opened its third representative office on the Chinese mainland in Guangzhou on September 29, 2019.
|Bank||Subsidiaries (fully owned)|
|Eastern Bank Limited||EBL Securities Limited
(Stock dealing & brokerage)
|Off-Shore Banking Unit (OBU), Bangladesh||EBL Investments Limited
(Merchant banking operations)
|Yangon Representative Office, Myanmar||EBL Asset Management Limited
|Guangzhou Representative Office, Mainland China||EBL Finance (HK) Limited
(First foreign subsidiary doing trade finance and off-shore banking business in Hong Kong)
Board of Directors
- Md. Showkat Ali Chowdhury (Chairman)
- M. Ghaziul Haque
- A. M. Shaukat Ali
- Mir Nasir Hossain
- Salina Ali
- Anis Ahmed
- Meah Mohammed Abdur Rahim
- Mufakkharul Islam Khasru
- Ormaan Rafay Nizam
- Gazi Md. Shawkat Hossain
- Ali Reza Iftekhar (MD & CEO)
As of September 30, 2019:
- "Bangladesh Bank to probe 'freak transactions' in Eastern Bank Ltd". bdnews24.com. Retrieved 9 May 2016.
- "Laila Sharmeen to exhibit at World Art Games". The Daily Star. 29 April 2016. Retrieved 9 May 2016.
- "Star Melodies' tribute to Khandaker Nurul Alam and Robin Ghosh". The Daily Star. 28 April 2016. Retrieved 9 May 2016.
- "EBL Annual Report 2018" (PDF). Eastern Bank Limited. Retrieved 28 June 2019.
- "Bangladeshi Eastern Bank to open branch in Kolkata". bdnews24.com. Retrieved 27 June 2019.
- "Bangladesh's Eastern Bank opens first office on Chinese mainland". Xinhua News Agency. Retrieved 14 November 2019.
- "Eastern Bank Limited – Banglapedia". en.banglapedia.org. Retrieved 9 May 2016.
- "Lankabangla Financial Portal- Live stock data of Dhaka Stock Exchange (DSE), financial statements, research, chart and level 2 data". lankabd.com. Retrieved 15 November 2019.
|This Bangladesh-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|