Eastern Buckeye Conference
The Eastern Buckeye Conference is an OHSAA athletic league that began competition in the 2018-19 school year. The following are members:
|Alliance||Aviators||Alliance||Red, Columbia Blue
|Canton South||Wildcats||Canton||Red, Gray
|West Branch||Warriors||Beloit||Green, White
The idea for the Eastern Buckeye Conference began in December 2015 when seven of the eight Northeastern Buckeye Conference members (Alliance, Canton South, Carrollton, Marlington, Minverva, Salem, and West Branch) came together to discuss creating a new league that didn't include Louisville. Three other schools were also included in the discussions: South Range, Crestview, and Beaver Local.
On February 4, 2016, the Northeastern Buckeye Conference voted to disband, and all conference members except for Louisville agreed to form a new league. On June 1, 2016, WKBN-TV 27 Youngstown reported that Alliance, Canton South, Carrollton, Marlington, Minerva, Salem and West Branch would form the Eastern Buckeye Conference for the 2018-2019 school year. South Range was initially on board to join as the eighth member of the league, but announced near the end of the 2016-17 school year that it will join the new Northeast 8 Athletic Conference for 2018-19.
- "Northeastern Buckeye Conference could disband to oust Louisville". IndeOnline.com. December 12, 2015. Retrieved December 17, 2015.
- ""Too much athletic success at Louisville; NBC will disband"". New Philadelphia Times-Reporter. 2016-02-04. Retrieved 2016-08-11.
- ""Eastern Buckeye Conference to go with 7 schools for now"". Alliance Review. 2017-06-06. Retrieved 2018-08-19.
- ""South Range joins new Northeast 8, leaving the Northeast Buckeye"". WKBN 27. 2017-05-23. Retrieved 2018-08-19.
- ""Ohio High School Conferences"" (PDF). Ohio High School Athletic Association. Retrieved 2018-08-20.