The Eastern Mediterranean  denotes the region in the east of the Mediterranean Sea (the Levantine Sea) in Western Asia. It includes the region of Syria (in the Levant), the island of Cyprus, Anatolia, and Egypt. A broader definition may also include European Turkey (East Thrace), Greece, and Albania in Southeast Europe into the region.
This eastern Mediterranean region is commonly interpreted in two ways:
- The more broad definition of the Levant which includes its historically tied neighboring countries, Albania and Greece.
- The region of Syria with the island of Cyprus (also known as the Levant), Egypt, and Turkey.
The countries and territories of the Eastern Mediterranean include Cyprus, Greece, Palestine, Lebanon, Syria, Israel, Jordan, Turkey, Egypt, and Israel.  The countries under the term North-eastern Mediterranean could sometimes include Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Greece (usually included within Eastern Mediterranean countries) Slovenia, North Macedonia, Serbia, Kosovo, Montenegro, Romania, and Ukraine.
- Greater Syria
- Fertile Crescent
- Levantine Sea
- Near East
- Ancient Near East
- Names of the Levant
- Eastern Mediterranean University
- List of Mediterranean countries
- Mediterranean Basin
- "Eastern Mediterranean Political Map". National Geographic Store. National Geographic Society. Archived from the original on 21 February 2018. Retrieved 17 October 2011.
- Gore, Rick (17 October 2002). Clark, Robert (ed.). "Ancient Ashkelon". National Geographic Magazine. National Geographic Society. Archived from the original on 16 July 2012. Retrieved 17 October 2011.
- Franks, Tim (6 November 2011). "The state of Israel: Internal influence driving change". BBC News. BBC. Retrieved 4 October 2018.
- Orfalea, Gregory (2006). The Arab Americans: A History. Northampton, MA: Olive Branch Press. p. 249. ISBN 9781566565974.
- "The Report: Egypt 2010". Oxford Business Group – via Google Books.
- Brauch, Hans Günter; Liotta, Peter H.; Selim, Mohammad El-Sayed; Rogers, Paul F. (28 September 2018). "Security and Environment in the Mediterranean: conceptualising security and environmental conflicts : with 177 figures and 144 tables". Springer Science & Business Media – via Google Books.
- Diez, Thomas (28 September 2018). "The European Union and the Cyprus Conflict: Modern Conflict, Postmodern Union". Manchester University Press – via Google Books.
- Springer-Verlag (28 September 2018). "Mediterranean Climate: Variability and Trends". Springer Science & Business Media – via Google Books.
- Lucarelli, Sonia; Fioramonti, Lorenzo (16 October 2009). "External Perceptions of the European Union as a Global Actor". Routledge – via Google Books.